Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Solstice


Hippies, trendy Seattleites and families all gathered in Fremont yesterday to celebrate summer solstice. Nick and I ventured down the hill to the crowd and it really was an eclectic mix of people. The bars were packed, hemp clothing booths lined the streets and if you needed a vegan cookbook for yourself (or your animal!) this was the place to be.

The fair/parade made me love Seattle even more! Even though some of the things there weren't really my scene (i.e. the nudest family beach booth), I loved that everyone could gather in one place and be free to be who they were!





image: Fremont Fair

1 comment:

Nick said...

I liked how the parade was so completely random - there was no connection between each group of people and floats that went by. I saw pirates, zombies, hearts, aliens, robots, a marching band, a drum line, African tribal dress, walking playing cards, wind-up dolls and clowns, and that's just off of the top of my head. I thought it was a great statement that there was so little arguing or fighting in the crowd and in the parade. Everyone was just there to see and enjoy. It's too bad the food lines were so long.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin