Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vespa is the new Hummer

It seems everywhere I look in Seattle I see a little Vespa scooting around! I already know of two people that have switched to commuting on two-wheelers to get to work. I love the idea of Vespas, but I don't know if I would trust myself on one of them!

With prices ranging from $1,000-$8,000 and getting about 72 mpg, maybe we will see more of these on the city streets soon!

Whenever I think of Vespas, I can't help to be taken back to my time in Italy and reminds me of one of my favorite movies: Roman Holiday! I can't think of a scene more delightful than two of my favorite actors, Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck scooting around one of my favorite cities in the world!




image: Vespa
image: All Posters

image: Wikimedia

3 comments:

michelle {lovely.little.things} said...

You're a blogger!! Hooray! welcome to the club

Brynn said...

Yay for Carol's blog!!!! Speaking of Vespas I just saw a pack of them the other day and they are so classic! Love them! If only the weather was better around here and people didn't drive like lunatics......

Fifi Flowers said...

hilarious title! Vespa needs to make a three seater so I can cart my kids around on it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin