Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bite, BBQ, Katie's visit, Carrie's birthday


Saturday was super busy but lots of fun! Nick and I met his friends Scott (Dirt), Sam (Baker) and Chris (CK) (they pretty much only go by their nicknames) down at the Bite of Seattle at the Seattle Center. We had a pretty good time, but if you don't like crowds this isn't the event for you! They were expecting an estimated 450,000 people over the weekend! Last year was rainy and muddy so it was nice to have some sun this year.

Later that afternoon we went to a BBQ at our friend's Shane and Carrie's new place right by Greenlake. Shane BBQ-ed up some amazing salmon that Carrie had caught herself in Alaska. And, I got to play with their adorable new baby kitty! She was only 12 weeks old, 2 pounds 6 ounces.

After the BBQ, I got to hang out with my wonderful friend Katie who was in town from San Francisco! We studied abroad in Rome together our senior year (so many wonderful friends and memories from that trip) and it was so great to see her again and catch up in person rather than over the phone or e-mail. I'm already looking forward to her next visit in August!!

Nick and I then ended the night at the Frontier Room in Belltown to celebrate Carrie's 25th birthday.

Katie and me during our study abroad days with our teacher, Leonardo!

study abroad friends hiking in Capri, Italy

me with the baby kitty!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin