Thursday, July 10, 2008

TED Conference


Last year, Nick introduced me to the TED conference website and ever since then I have been a huge fan. TED stands for Technology, Engineering and Design and is an annual conference held in southern California that features some of the most brilliant minds delivering the lecture of their lives (about 18 minutes) on everything from science, art, politics, global issues and entertainment.

TED's mission is "ideas worth spreading" and while attending the conference is very exclusive (invitation only and $6,000 to attend) their website features all of the talks for free, and I have downloaded many of them onto my ipod.

I have found these talks, no matter what the topic, to be extremely eye opening and enjoyable. Instead of listening to music next time you go on a walk or drive, try switching on one of these pod casts! I guarantee you will enjoy them!

image: TED

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin