Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Book Review: The Shack


I would have to say this was one of the best books I have ever read! The book is sweeping the country and was #1 on The New York Times Best Seller List (pretty impressive considering the marketing budget was only $300). The basis of the book is about a man who goes through a horrible tragedy and then spends a weekend with God to answer the question that had been haunting him: where is God in a world so full of tragedy?

This book may not be for everyone, and I know there has been some controversy surrounding it, but I found it truly wonderful, enlightening and the most moving and eye opening book I have ever read.

Thank you to Meghan and her mom for passing this book along to me and my mom!

image: The Shack

1 comment:

Nicole Marie said...

wow that sounds like a great book. i really want to read it. thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin