Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Book review: The Measure of a Man

The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography (Oprah's Book Club) The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Poitier



My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars



A very good, inspiring book.

Sidney Poitier took an autobiography to a deeper level, beyond dates and tidbits, and into the core of what all his struggles and accomplishments taught him about the greater meaning of life.

If you choose to read this, I would actually recommend the audio version though. I found out from a friend (after I finished reading the book) that he narrates the audio version himself and I would have enjoyable hearing a lot of the stories in his own words and voice.

View all my reviews.

1 comment:

The Cottage Cheese said...

I was lucky enough to catch an NPR interview with Sidney Poitier about his book. He is such an interesting man, and you are correct, that voice is so melodic! I will definitely have to put this on my must read (or must listen to) book list.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin