Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm engaged!


My weekend ended up being much more exciting than I ever thought it would be thanks to Nick and our wonderful friends! They had been planning this for the past two weeks and not a peep was spilled to me, good job everyone!

My original "plan" for Saturday was that Brynn and I were going to go to the same restaurant, the Tap House in downtown Seattle where Meghan on a blind date. At about 5:15, after we parked, Brynn gota text message from Meghan saying that her date, Micha, (who was the nephew of a family friend and really into musical theater) stood her up!! So I get there, see Meghan at the bar by herself, and am thinking "oh no! Poor Meghan!!"

Meghan and Brynn played it off perfectly: "I can't believe I got stood up, his phone goes straight to voice mail, never let me go on a blind date again!! I am so mad, lets go to the bathroom and change and then head to the Sounders game."

So we start to walk toward the bathroom and I see some of Nick's friends in the banquet room I'm thinking "so weird Nick's friends are at the Tap House too!" (His cover was that they were doing a guys night at Sam's house, which I totally bought). So Meghan and Brynn start walking in to the room and I see Nick's friends and my friends all together in the room and of course, it still doesn't click in my head! I'm thinking "that is so weird Nick's friends and my friends are all at the Tap House too in the same room, wait, is this a party that I wasn't invited too, just happen to stumble upon? Why wasn't I invited?!?"

Then I turn to my left, see Nick in his suit and tie and it finally clicks!! He takes my hand, gets down on his knee, says his part, and pulls out my beautiful ring as I am crying and nodding and he asks and I say "yes" and everyone cheers.

My friend Angela drove five hours to come to the party, Courtney drove three hours! And right as Angela is finish up her doctorate program and Courtney has exams in medical school. They were so busy and came all the way over! And Nick's parents drove three hours as well to be there!

Everyone stayed and hung out for a few hours, then Nick and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for some appetizers (I could hardly eat I was so excited). It was where we had our first date over four years ago.

We then met up with some of our friends at Brasa, a bar in Capitol Hill for some more celebration.

I am so happy right now and feel so blessed to have amazing family (Nick drove down to my parents house two weeks ago to ask their permission, and of course they said yes and were so excited), fantastic friends in our lives and now a wonderful fiance!! I love saying that!!

More pictures to come, once more are sent my way.

I feel full of life and full of love and can't wait for what's next!

my wonderful girlfriends

Nick's fantastic friends

Michelle, Erin, me, Angela, Deanna

checking it out

Meghan, Ivy, me Brynn, Joleen, Courtney

Right when I figured out what was going on

dinner (I could barely eat) at Cheesecake Factory,
where we had our first date over four years ago

31 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous!

Nicole Marie said...

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!! i seriously got chills!!!

what a sweet sweet proposal!! congratulations and i'm so excited for you!! can't wait to hear all about the planning process!

oh and GORGEOUS ring!!!!

Kelsey Smith said...

What a wonderful end to the weekend!!! Congrats :)

The Luces said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you both! You deserve the best! xoxo

Ivy Wilson said...

I am soo excited for you Carol and I feel so blessed that I could be there to share your day with you!

Carrie said...

Your ring is beautiful Carol! You look so happy and excited in all the pictures and you deserve it! It made me smile reading this post and looking at the pictures. I really wish I could have been there. I think it is so funny that you thought Nick's friends and your friends were having a party and didn't invite you! Haha! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about the wedding planning!! Love you!

Ever After Weddings and Events said...

Wow! What an exciting weekend you must have had! Engagement periods are such an exciting and busy time. I don't know if you have beagan to consider your wedding planning process, but please feel free to visit my website, http://www.everafterplanner.com, we offer a modern and fresh twist on Smoky Mountain Weddings. If a Smoky Mountain wedding isn't what you desire, we do provide many handt tools such as budget calculators, gues list managers, and wedding polls and games. Check us out and be sure to email me with any questions you may have!

Congratulations!

You Are My Fave said...

Super duper congrats. This story is so sweet. I'll help with the wedding plans!

Carly said...

so perfect carol! you know how happy i am for you!!! :)

Robbie said...

Yay!! That's WAY better than a Sounders game!!

Joanna Goddard said...

oh my goodness, that is SO cute. congratulations! you two look so happy!

Couture Carrie said...

Congratulations, darling! You both look so happy and the ring is lovely!

xoxox,
CC

Allison said...

Congratulations!!! Oh my gosh, sooo exciting! And what a beautiful ring too.
Seriously, that is such a sweet proposal too...Congats - I'll look forward to seeing all your plans develop :)

Mmmm, and as for the comment you left on my blog - a crepe with Nutella and bananas is my favoriteee thing ever!

Savvy Mode SG said...

ahh... congrat. your ring is beautiful.

Laura Trevey said...

Congratulations!!

**Stop by my Watercolors blog to
"Win an Original"!!!

xo Laura

Wiggs (The Beholder) said...

Congratulations! I read about your engagement on Lovely Little Things and I had to come read the story! Bear with me for some unsolicited advice: soak up this amazing, happy, wonderful time with your new fiance. The wedding details and decisions will come together later, but for now, if people ask you what your date is or who your bridesmaids are, just say, "I haven't made any decisions yet!" and look at your gorgeous ring and your even more gorgeous fiance. Who you're going to be with for the rest of eternity. :)

b is for brown said...

i have tears in my eyes! this is fantastic. sooooo happy for you! and that ring is gorg!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! What a stunning ring and such a great proposal story! Can't wait to see you future posts on the planning process!

Megan said...

Congratulations Carol! The ring is absolutely stunning. I'm So excited for you, you'll definitely have to document all your plans on here :)

Courtney said...

Lovely ring + such a beautiful proposal story!! Congratulations!

Molly Jean said...

congrats! such a sweet story!

Holly said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! you are seriously glowing in those pictures!! cant wait to read about the planning on your blog!

yours truly... said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! What an amazing story!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your ring is absolutely beautiful!! I'm so incredibly happy for you sweet girl!! Let the planning begin!!

Emz said...

Cute ring!! CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT!!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Just found the blog, CONGRATS! That's fantastic, cheers!

Mo said...

Congratulations Carol! What a wonderful proposal. And what a ring--wow! Can't wait to hear more about your planning.

Danielle said...

EEEP! THAT IS SO EXCITING! Congratulations!!!!!!! You are going to make a STUNNING bride!

I *Heart* You said...

a million congratulations! what a wonderful engagement story! and now the wedding planning begins! and that ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Carmen and Jamie said...

Congrats Carol!!!!! So exciting!

PinkSass said...

Oh my goodness I got the chills when I read this! What a beautiful ring! If you want more info on my dress just let me know.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Beautiful ring! Congratulations! I love hearing proposal stories... oh, and I just love The Cheesecake Factory! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin