Monday, May 11, 2009

Make your own book



I've had this on my to-do list for a while (umm, about a year to be exact) but I think I am finally going to get around to it - making my own book! Well, picture book that is.

Last year Meghan got hooked on this site call Blurb where you can make your own books. She has done multiple picture books: her Italy trip, one for her dad, and her friend's birthday. I've seen all of them that she has done, and they really do look professional, but her advice is to choose the hardcover books.

It would be great for vacations, weddings or special events, your personal photography, or anything else you would like on your coffee table to share with guests.

I would like to make one for my trips to NYC and San Francisco with Nick and the ultimate goal is to make a large book of my study abroad pictures. It could take a while to put together since I was gone for three months have have a lot of pictures (total understatement), but I'm up for the challenge and it would be a perfect addition to my bookshelf.

Check out their site and let me know if you have created one or have good ideas. Happy book making!





images: Blurb

6 comments:

The Luces said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Luces said...

Apple iPhoto has a really good book, too. You should totally check that out if you have a Mac.

Have fun!!!

PS I totally messed up trying to leave a post. What a new poster...

Nicole Marie said...

a few of my friends have those books and they're great! i need to do one of my study abroad too!

Carrie said...

My wedding photographer showed me a few of those books and I knew right away I would get one! They are super cool!

Kristin said...

I got married two years ago and have yet to put together an album. I've been thinking about doing a book instead. I think it's time!

Mo said...

I made a blurb book of my engagement pictures, and I highly recommend it! The quality is pretty nice and it's an easy way to showcase your best pics. It only took a week to show up at my door.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin