Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend update

Friday after work Nick and I headed up to my parent's cabin for the weekend. They surprised me with a birthday cake since my 25th birthday is on Wednesday. It was so good, a truffle chocolate cake, they sure know me!

On Saturday we went on a very nice hike by Mt. Rainier called the Green Lakes trail. It's funny becasue the lake I live across the street from here in Seattle is also called Greenlake. However, this one in the national park is much cleaner, crystal clear!

On Sunday, we went over to Eric and Nicole's new adorable house in Ballard for a BBQ for Carrie and Shane, who are visiting from Boston. They moved to the East Coast four months ago and we all miss them a lot, so it was great to see them.

So now we're back to Monday, but at least it's only a four day week!













13 comments:

Lily G. said...

Sounds like a great time. Great pics too. Happy early birthday!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

C said...

Gorgeous pictures!! Looks like a great time!

Nicole Marie said...

such a pretty hike!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Looks beautiful!

Holly said...

omg that lake is gorgeous!! and i love that that log over the creek is haved down for ppl to walk on. how rad

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely photos, darling! Mt. Rainier is so gorgeous!

xoxox,
CC

Tracy-Girl said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are so lovely! I want to be there!

Danielle said...

That trail looks so gorgeous!! What a lovely weekend you had!

Carrie said...

mmmm....chocolate truffle cake sounds amazing!

Green Lake Trail looks like a pretty hike. I'll have to check it out sometime.

The Cottage Cheese said...

I'm a couple of days early, but Happy Birthday! Your weekend sounds like it was just lovely. I envy your hike through such lovely scenery. It has been so hot here that I'm just dying to escape to the mountains and dip my toes into an icy mountain stream, but I don't know when I'll have time in the next few weeks.

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and words about my Dad. It really means a lot to me how supportive my blogger pals have been through all of this!

Brown Girl said...

Chocolate truffle cake, yum! Those are great pics, looks fun.

Savvy Mode SG said...

oh how pretty. looked like you had a wonderful weekend and happy early b-day, one day before mine.

Julia said...

What great photos! That looks like the best spot for a long walk :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin