Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July weekend recap

loved the smiley face fireworks! How do they do that?!


The Boat Prom was for sure my highlight of the long weekend, but the rest of it was great too.

On Thursday, my friend Ivy made a birthday dinner for me and our friend Courtney. Ivy cooked a wonderful dinner for us and it was great seeing her new townhouse and catch up. Thanks Ivy!!

For the 4th, Nick and I went over to Scott and Sam's place to watch the fireworks. Their place has a perfect view of Lake Union and the huge firework display. It was so nice having a perfect view, without the crowds!

nice glasses Sam!


me, Jackie and Christina

Lake Union packed with boats for the fireworks

all the people at Gasworks Park for the fireworks

Finally on Sunday, we did some errands and relaxing. It was that perfect combination of productivity and relaxation. We also went on a long walk and I took him over to the Woodland Park Rose Garden. All the flowers were in bloom and it was so lovely. Our friends Merrilee and Mike are getting married there in September and I know it will be so lovely!

8 comments:

Lily G. said...

Looks like you had a fabulous july 4th weekend!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

PinkSass said...

I think you mean the pink/red one that my sister is wearing (we do look a lot alike) on the 4th? If that's what you mean I believe it's from Forever 21. Good ol Forever!

Couture Carrie said...

So fun!! More lovely pics... I always wondered about those smiley face fireworks too!

xoxox,
CC

Carrie said...

I love the smiley face fireworks too! I guess I missed them while I was watching the show on t.v. because I thought they didn't have them this year. I'm glad they didn't get rid of them, they make me happy!

Tracy-Girl said...

looks like you had a fun 4th - I love those smiley fireworks!

Thomas said...

The fireworks were good this year, I thought.

Mrs. Buck said...

I loved those smiley fireworks - so great that you caught them on camera!

You Are My Fave said...

I love fireworks. The smiley face ones are awesome. Good shot.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin