Friday, July 17, 2009

All about me!



The lovely Tracy (with the most fabulous wedding shoes ever, seriously, check them out here) at Then I got to thinking... tagged me last week, so I'll be posting 10 things about me. Here it goes…


1) . I was obsessed with the American Girl Dolls growing up. I successfully collected everything in Samantha's collection, and then started on Felicity.

2) I have been to every N Sync/Justin Timberlake concert in the Seattle/Tacoma area with Meghan and Brynn! Our obsession will never die.

3) My great-great...etc...Great- grandparents (mom's side) were some of the original Mayflower settlers that came over 1621. We even saw their house when we took a trip to Williamsburg. And my grandfather (dad's dad) came over to America from Sicily and went through Ellis Island in the 1920s. I love our family history and one day mom is amazing with genealogy and one day she is going to teach me everything.

4) I did ballet for 11 years, took tennis lessons for almost as long, and I have been skiing ever since I could stand up on them. My parents towed me behind them until I was up on my own. I broke my femur (yes, the largest bone in the body) skiing when I was 17 but was back up on skis the next season!

5) I love to travel and my dream job is Samantha Brown's on the Travel Channel, I would do it for free! I have very adventurous parents who have traveled all over the world and I hope to be like them when I grow up! Nick and I have a long list of places we want to go...

6) I went on a trip to Israel, Jordan and Egypt with my mom when I was in 7th grade and floated in the Dead Sea. I would love to get back to the Holy Land someday, but sadly the violence over there doesn't make it seem that way.

7) I love to cook and am obsessed with Giada De Laurentiis. While I was studying abroad in Rome my senior year of college, I got to meet her in Rome when she was there filming with the Today Show.

8) I studied abroad in Rome for three months during college and it was by far the best experience of my life, traveling around Italy and Europe with friends. I am so glad I had the opportunity to do it.

9) I met Nick when he was the president of his fraternity and I was president of my sorority. Happily ever after!

10) I am Episcopalian, but went to Catholic school for 8 years.



So that's what I've got, but enough about me though, I want everyone to do this too (I totally would tag everyone, but I know that would take forever!) I do have a few people in particular:
And on that note, have a lovely weekend everyone!

20 comments:

Dionne said...

I love Giada too! The Food Network is awesome, and Giada is one of my favorites. She actually inspired me and my husband's honeymoon to the Greek Islands. I had always wanted to go there because it looked so gorgeous, but when she did a special on the cuisine there, Brian decided he wanted to go there too!

Thanks for tagging me! I will need to think about ten interesting things about me.

b is for brown said...

that would be my dream job too!!!! so fun!

Tracy-Girl said...

I loveee this! Your ten are so cool! And I was obsessed with American Dolls too. I have Samantha, Bitty Baby, and then two of those "create your own". So fun!!

Couture Carrie said...

Love this tag! How cool is #3? I adore Giada too!

xoxox,
CC

Brown Girl said...

Aw you want to know more about me because I'm all crazy and brown don't you! lol...I just did a mememe post! I love your list, how cool that you got to study in Rome!

You Are My Fave said...

I was obsessed with American Girl dolls but I never got one of my own. My parent's were too frugal. I used to spend hours looking at every page of the catalog.

And I did a study abroad in Italy too. One of the best decisions ever.

mom said...

I can vouch for all of that because I was there!! Except for the concerts. Megan's mom, the saint that she is, picked you girls up after the concerts and took you to her house for a sleepover.

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

I love that picture of you! Those tulips are so pretty.

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Interesting list!...Giada is fabulous indeed! ...I've been to the Holy Land tour, it's amazzzing isn't it?! But on my next trip I wouldn't want to join the tour group...time was quite restricted somehow. Lovely weekend dear~

Ivy Wilson said...

Awww Carol I love facts about you and I'm surprised we haven't really skiied together. This year I would love to go up with you and Nick and David. It would be great to get the two beginners on the slope together:-)

Michelle said...

Great 10!

I did ballet too..and Giada is awesome!

Kristin said...

Uh oh, I don't know if you can equal my JT obsession. He made an appearance in my wedding music. Can you guess which song? Don't worry. I didn't walk down the aisle to it.

Holly said...

i studied abroad in rome as well!! where did you live?
i lived near the vatican in prati, metro stop was cipro! i miss it everyday :(

Allison said...

Omgosh, that picture of you is fabulous! You look wonderful :)
I had Felicity and Samantha growing up too! And, we had relatives come to America on the Mayflower as well - my mom is always trying to explain the history of it to everyone we come in contact with, haha.
I think it's amazing that you've already traveled so much and plan to travel even more over the years - Israel must have been absolutely incredible!
Thanks for tagging me, girl! I can't wait to do this :) Enjoy your weekend!

Nicole Marie said...

thanks girlie!!

and thats so cute you guys were both presidents of your sorority/fraternity!

Lily G. said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the tag. I'm going to have to post something.

The Socialite said...

Great list! I adore Samantha Brown, she absolutely has the best job ever!

C said...

So.. we have a TON in common! :) I had Samantha and all her stuff as well & as strange as it seems now, I took ballet too! Loved learning more about you! :)

The Cottage Cheese said...

That would be my dream job too! I would even take Anthony Bordain's job (who doesn't always get to stay in the posh hotels). I have the travel bug bigtime, now I just need the time and the money to support it. Ah, to be independently wealthy...

Oh, and how cool that you can trace your lineage back to the Mayflower and have seen your great great great...great grandparents' home in Williamsburg! I'm related to John Adams on my mom's side, but so is 1/4 of the rest of the country it seems ;)

Molly Jean said...

yes, Samantha Brown's job = dreamy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin