Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Birthday dinner


A tradition Meghan, Brynn and I have been doing now for about three years is treating each other to a wonderful, surprise birthday dinner. I love our tradition because it gets the three of us together to catch up on our busy lives.

For my birthday, they took me out to the Kingfish Cafe in Capitol Hill. It's a southern restaurant that has even been featured on the Food Network.

Everything on the menu looked so good, we decided we had to share everything we got: fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, mac and cheese, ribs and of course, an outstanding piece of chocolate cake. It reminded me of good meals back in Memphis with my mom's family. We were so stuffed and satisfied when we left, I am definitely taking Nick there sometime.

Thank you girls for a wonderful nice and being better friends than a girl could ask for!

image: Seattle.net

17 comments:

Lily G. said...

Happy birthday!! Sounds like a wonderful dinner!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

Mo said...

Happy Birthday! Looks yummy. =)

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Carol - you're making me super hungry!!! I so want mac n cheese right now.

Maria Rose said...

What a fun tradition!

Brown Girl said...

What is not good fried?? Seriously, fried anything is delish...must run off and eat my carrot sticks now. Le sigh.

thischicksgotstyle said...

That sounds so nice!!
And thanks for your sweet comment!

x!

Couture Carrie said...

What a fabulous tradition! Happy Birthday, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Mrs said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday dinner! we went there once and I wasnt super impressed...but from the sounds of it I just ordered wrong!

Savvy Mode SG said...

oh happy birthday. it's the best to have great gal pals.

The Socialite said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds delish! ;)

You Are My Fave said...

I love a good birthday tradition. Going out with the girls to a good restaurant is the best! Happy birthday!

Tracy-Girl said...

what a fun tradition! That is so cool... I think I need to start that with my girls. and that place sounds amazing!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What better way to celebrate than with BFFs and fried delights???

Allison said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm glad the three of you get time to spend together :) And now I'm absolutely craving mac and cheese!
Happy belated birthday!

C said...

Hey girl! I just tagged you @ my blog!

{lovely little things} said...

I love Kingfish, their fried chicken is awesome! Thinking of you in Rome, see you soon!

Bri said...

Christy and I went there last year! She lives a few blocks away. I forgot what we had, some kind of dessert, and man oh man, it was amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin