Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bunco in the park


Since our Seattle weather has been absolutely beautiful, we decided to do our July Bunco game at Volunteer Park on Capitol Hill. Meghan and Alicia hosted, with some yummy Italian food and we played on blankets under the park.

bunco blankets

Meghan and me

me and Brynn

Brynn and Alicia

Michael and me

Megan, Megan and Theanne

Meghan and Isaac


For dessert, Meghan and Brynn make the mini burger cupcakes I had on my blog a few weeks ago! They turned out so well and they said it really wasn't that hard to make, it just took a while to assemble. I love them!

sugar cookie "fries" and cupcake "sliders"

I of course didn't win a prize (still have never won anything, even the loser prize)! One of the best prizes of the night though, went to Rory who got 2nd place: a Snuggie! We had a pretty good photo shoot with the Snuggie and everyone in the park was probably wondering what we were doing!


Rory transformed from 5' 2'' to about 11 feet.....

...with the help of Meghan


Katy and I are hosting for August! Maybe we'll do it outside again.

16 comments:

noble beeyotch said...

A day in the sun....sounds like fun!!

Holly said...

omg your friends rule! snuggie, haha love this

The Cottage Cheese said...

What a fun evening in the park! I've never played Bunco, but if one can get together for monthly bunco parties like this, then I'm all for it. The snuggie pics are hilarious!

PinkSass said...

What a fun day.

The Socialite said...

haha - that looks like so much fun! Great pix. I am so intrigued by the dessert cheeseburger & fries, how rad is that?! ;)

Dionne said...

Oh that sounds so fun! Bunco in the park. Not that I have played it before, but I've always wanted to try it - and where better than the park?

b is for brown said...

hysterically laughing at the 11 foot SNUGGIE!

great photos!

Couture Carrie said...

Looks like a fun and fabulous picnic! Everyone looks so summery and happy!

xoxox,
CC

Kristin said...

What fun! Nice Snuggie. Ah ha

Brown Girl said...

I am so so so so jealous of the weather there! It's just not fair! Glad you all had fun...not really glad...more like jealous you all had fun! ;)

yours truly... said...

This looks like TOO much fun!! So glad you were able to enjoy such beautiful weather..jealous! And those cupcakes, OMG, I'm in awe!!!

Carrie said...

That looks like it was so much fun! The burger cupcakes and fries look perfect! They did a great job.

Allison said...

I love Bunco! What a fun place to play it - I would have never thought of taking it outside!
And those cupcakes and fries are too precious for words - I'm going to make them SOON! :)

You Are My Fave said...

Those cupcakes turned out amazing. Now I've got to give them a whirl.

Savvy Mode SG said...

looked like you guys and gals had a super fun day.

My name is Megan... said...

this looks like SO much fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin