Friday, July 31, 2009

My wedding venue: Pravda Studios

I've been so excited to do this post! Here it is: my weddinve venue, Pravda Studios on Capitol Hill here in Seattle.


I wanted a really huge, unique and dramatic space and this fit the bill perfectly. It's a 5,000 sq. ft. NYC loft-style studio with 14 foot ceilings and natural hardwood floors windows everywhere that gives it that "urban-chic" feeling (and they have air-conditioning, of course!). I really wanted the wedding here in Seattle since about 90% of the people who will be coming live here in the city and I LOVE my city, and of course wanted to be married in the heart of it.



They don't just do weddings though, they actually are a film/photography studio. Neiman Marcus and Zac Posen recently did a runway show here and Francis Ford Coppola a held a private party here too (so perfect for my Italian family!)






They have five caterers I can choose from (all look delicious) and the wedding coordinator I met with there, Callie, was fabulous. I'm excited to work with her.


And the reason I chose to do this post today - it is exactly a year from my wedding date, July 31, 2010! My friend Deanna (who was married July 30, 2005, so we'll have the same "wedding weekend") wrote me a facebook note saying happy -1 anniversary!



Feel free to post any comments or creative ideas you have for the space! It's a totally open plan so I choose exactly how I want it set up.

And on that note, have a wonderful weekend! Nick and I will be out on the water all weekend to celebrate Seafair here in Seattle and watch the Blue Angels! Love them!

images: Pravda Studios

23 comments:

Carly said...

my best friend got married there!!! it's so amazing once everything is set up and beautiful. good choice!!! :)

Mrs. Buck said...

I LOVE this venue!!! I'm so excited to see what you decide to do with it! Enjoy Seafair weekend!

Allison said...

This space looks absolutely stunning! You're going to have the most BEAUTIFUL reception - congrats on picking the date too :) I can't wait to see your plans develop!

Ivy Wilson said...

Carol that space looks amazing!!! So chic and fabulous! I'm excited to see what you do with it:-)

Kelsey Smith said...

Your venue looks amazing! Let the one year countdown begin :)

By the way, I hung out with Emi tonight and she has officially decided to start a blog and is just waiting to finalize the name. Yay for another one!!

Happy Seafair weekend ...

Selma said...

I love this! It's an amazing place. Excellent choice!

Brown Girl said...

Oh my gosh that is going to be so beautiful, how exciting!! It is going to be so fun to follow all your wedding details. There is just so much you are going to be able to do with that space! Can't wait to see what you decide!

Tracy-Girl said...

OH MY GOSH... stunning, and SO exciting!! YAY!

Couture Carrie said...

So exciting!

Love that venue... the candle lights are so gorgeous!

xoxox,
CC

Kristin said...

WOW. That is stunning!

Andrea said...

Carol this looks so beautiful! I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear more about the planning!!

You Are My Fave said...

It looks absolutely perfect. Oh, I just love weddings.

Micaela said...

omg, how posh and romantic!!!

I'm so excited for you, bride-to-be. How beautiful your wedding will be... gorgeous.

Savvy Gal said...

OMG how pretty. : )

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

This place looks absolutely out of this world!

Good luck!
-Kelley

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

OMG THAT IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.

Nicole Marie said...

so gorgeous! congratulations! i love all the candles!!

Dionne said...

Gorgeous space! How cool that you can transform it into anything you want! Do you have a theme yet? What are your colors?

My name is Megan... said...

HOW beautiful!!!!

Jenni said...

It's sooo beautiful!!!!! Congrats!

Bri said...

Your venue looks GORGEOUS!

{lovely little things} said...

Love this venue, so excited for your big day!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Carol - Your venue is stunning!! I'm wondering if I can just live there! I love the loft feel! I love how candlelight is used in that one picture. The best thing about your space is that you can do ANYTHING with it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin