Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dewey Lakes hike and wildflower pictures


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I can't believe it's already mid-August!

On Friday after work (Nick had to stay in Portland through Friday instead of Thursday) we went up to the cabin to meet up with my mom and dad.

On Saturday, the four of us did the Dewey Lakes hike up by Mt. Rainier. We started off the hike in the sun, but then ended up in some low clouds that had come into the area. Still very pretty though, and made for a great afternoon.


beginning of the trail



lunch break midway through

I of course had to take a picture in the flowers

And made Nick take one too

on a clear day there is a perfect view of Mt. Rainier

if you look closely, you can see the very top of Mt. Rainier poking out

The hike was really pretty, even though Mt. Rainier was covered in clouds, and there were so many beautiful wildflowers. I seriously don't think I have ever seen so many in my life. I so wanted to break out into "The Sound of Music," but restrained myself. Doesn't it look like a place Maria would sing though?!

Everyone was of course making fun of me for taking so many pictures, but I couldn't help it! The colors of the wildflowers were amazing.











And then Sunday was clean up and catch up day back in Seattle. Hope everyone has a great start off to the week!

14 comments:

mom said...

It was a good weekend even without the sun. Just glad you both could make it to the cabin.

Allison said...

I'm so impressed with all the hiking you and Nick do! It looks like you have just absolutely beautiful places to go! These pictures are STUNNING - those flowers...I can totally picture Maria singing there :)

Jenni said...

Aw it looks so beautiful!

Dionne said...

Oh how gorgeous! It does have a Sound of Music vibe to it, hehehehe. I love the blue ones. And how serene does all that mist look over the mountains?!!! Stunning.

New England Girl said...

Your photos are absolutely stunning. I love the wildflowers and their brilliant colors! Thank you for sharing these with us... they're all wonderful! :)

Couture Carrie said...

What a gorgeous locale, darling! You and Nick are adorable together!

xoxox,
CC

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is super cute. Beautiful pictures! I am your new follower!!

Savvy Gal said...

oh my gosh, i wanna be there. it's just so pretty.

Brian said...

That is gorgeous. I live in Maine and took a hike with my gf this weekend as well.

Lovely photos...

Ivy Wilson said...

Gorgeous pics Carol! I love that you made Nick take a pic in the wildflowers. So cute:-)

Carrie said...

I love wildflowers too! Nick and I planted some a couple months ago and they are just starting to bloom. The pictures are so pretty!

You Are My Fave said...

Wow, so pretty. I just want summer to slow down a bit.

Summer @ B is for Brown said...

oh my! those wildflowers are gorgeous.

Holly said...

like stepping inside a postcard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin