Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mount Si hike

A few weeks ago Nick and I hiked up Mount Si, which is actually the most popular hike is Washington state. Probably because its so close to Seattle and Bellevue.


Its a really good workout, 8 miles round trip and a 3,100 ft. elevation gain. I was definitely ready to relax when we were done. And we had just bought new hiking gear at REI, so it was the perfect place to break them in.


The day we went was a little overcast, but on a clear day you can see all the way out to Seattle.

Nick and I at the final stretch up to the top

And this weekend we will be doing some more hiking! We are headed up to the cabin after work tomorrow and will do some hiking up by Mt. Rainier. Hope its a wonderful summer weekend for everyone!

AND...happy early 27th birthday to my brother Mike! He is in Boston right now and will be cruising around the harbor on his actual birthday - lucky! (Take pictures for me!)

I truly have been blessed with an amazing, wonderful family and I couldn't ask for a more supportive, wonderful or better brother that always looks out for his little sister (even when we do have our uh, sibling moments)! His first sentence was even about me: "Look mama, baby eat."

Have a wonderful birthday weekend Mike!!!

11 comments:

Mo said...

How beautiful! Looks like it was rewarding but fun.

Carrie said...

That's so cute about your brother's first words. Happy Birthday Mike!

Allison said...

Wow, this looks like a fabulous hike! I think that it's so great you go hiking so often :)
And wow, your brother sounds like he is going to have an amazing birthday cruising around Boston harbor. Happy birthday, Mike!

New England Girl said...

Gorgeous photos! I'm itching to do a hike like this, but all of our mountains are tiny and don't really produce such a great workout. :) The highest mountain in MA will only net you about 5 miles roundtrip! And it isn't much of an elevation gain. :) After seeing these photos, I'm going to have to mark this down on my list of hikes I want to someday accomplish. :)

Hope you both have a fantastic weekend! I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for both of you. :)

{lovely little things} said...

You are quite the hiker!

Savvy Gal said...

waht a hike. i love doing weekend hiking with bf too.

The Socialite said...

All your little posts make me want to visit Seattle already!! ;)

Happy Bday to Mike!

Have a great weekend!

Nicole Marie said...

you guys hike so much i love it!

Couture Carrie said...

So fun!
Gorgeous pics!

xoxox,
CC

Ivy Wilson said...

Carol! that sounds like so much fun. I hope you and Nick have a great time!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Honestly, you're my hiking hero! You guys are always hiking!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin