Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Roasted Shrimp and Orzo

I have a wonderful recipe to share that is perfect for summer (or what's left of it). Brynn made this Barefoot Contessa recipe a few months ago and a few days ago I tried it myself. So delicious, light and healthy and super, super easy! There is hardly any cooking, just assembling of things. This picture doesn't do it justice, so you'll just have to take my word for it a try it. I promise you wont be disappointed!


On another note, kind of ironic that yesterday I posted about how I like to be organized and make lists and it was less than an hour later that I realized I had left my wallet in Nick's car, which was now at airport parking (he leaves Monday morning around 6 a.m.) until Thursday evening! Smooth move Carol...

Luckily he valet parks his car, so the lot had his keys and he just made a quick call to them and I made the careful drive (driving without a license, not fun!) down to the airport and they had the car ready for me with my wallet! Thank goodness!

Not my brightest moment, I guess I need to make more lists!

17 comments:

sarah said...

This looks delicious!

The Socialite said...

Yikes! I hate when that happens! I use to do that sometimes when I would switch bags!!!! I don't know why I would remember everything else, but my wallet! Go figure. Glad you got it back though!

Couture Carrie said...

Yummy!

xoxox,
CC

Tracy-Girl said...

hahaha!! That is funny... thank goodness you were able to get it! I am so excited for your guest post to go up on my blog... its all set!

Annie said...

this looks yummy and i don't even like shrimp ;)

sorry to hear about your wallet, thankfully you were able to pick it up!! ;)

New England Girl said...

That meal looks SO delish. Can't wait to try it. :) I am picky about shrimp, but this sounds so so good. And hey... the wallet thing? it happens to the best of us. :)

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

That looks delish!! :)

Kelly said...

oh no! good thing you got it back!!! i hate that feeling.

and that recipe looks heavenly! i will definitely try it out. thanks for sharing!!

Sarah Jane said...

Carol, I love all your recipe posts, they always look SO yummy. And you have got me addicted to Giada :)

Lyr said...

MY hubby die to have me make this. Oh... good idea, I think I may!! ;)

Allison said...

Oh my goodness that looks so delicious. Yummm I love, love, love shrimp =)
Oh my goodness I hate when that happens! I'm glad it got all sorted out though!

Nicole Marie said...

yum!

and oh man!! so lucky he valeted it! would have been a long week driving without a drivers license. so nerve racking!

Jax said...

Mmmmmm!!! That looks awesome!! And thanks for your comment recommending Barefoot C! I totally LOVE her stuff but never thought about checking her breakfast recipes!! YAY!

Jillian said...

Mmm...the shrimp and orzo looks so good! I never make seafood but this looks delish.

C said...

I don't even like shrimp, and you made me want this!! :)

Emi and Kyle said...

Ohh! You KNOW I love new recipes! I will have to try this:). See you soon for happy hour! -Emi

the southern hostess said...

This looks so good and simple! Yum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin