Monday, August 3, 2009

Seafair Saturday


I LOVE Seattle Seafair. It seriously is like a city holiday. Seafair actually takes place almost the entire summer, but the main event always takes place the first full weekend of August, which consists of the Blue Angels performing, hydro plane races and practically everyone with a boat bringing it out onto Lake Washington for all the action.

beautiful Seattle day

Nick and I celebrated Seafair on Saturday with Brooke and Daniel and tied up their boat with some other friends and were out on the water from 9 a.m-5 p.m. And I didn't get a spot of pink on me, (my parents are so proud of me right now!)


9 a.m. - out on the water!

Daniel - our boat captain


linking up boats


packed with boats, view of Bellevue in the background



We got in lots of water fights with other boats, some even were prepared with water balloons, luckily we had some double-barrel squirt guns.







Brooke, Hailey and me relaxing in the sun


Brooke and I out for a swim in Lake Washington


our flag...


The Blue Angels performed for almost an hour and they blew me away as usual. The cool think about being on a boat for Seafair is that they come so close to the water, literally about 50 feet blazing right above us.




Here is a 25 second video of the planes doing a perfect formation over us, and I wish you could hear it in the video over but the boat next to us was playing "Highway to the Dangerzone" - perfect end to a great day!



13 comments:

Tracy-Girl said...

You make me want to move up there!! I definitely love Seattle... TL and I need to make a trip up there! Last time we were there we stayed in this really modern hotel somewhere in Seattle. It had sculptures of naked people in it! :) Guess thats what happens when you book stuff online! But it was so much fun there.

Kelsey Smith said...

Huge props on getting that video! I tried to get that exact picture right as they were flying over us, but of course I missed it! I can't believe how perfectly you timed it.

By the way, I had to jump ship on a random boat for a short period because the police pulled our boat over since we had one too many people! At least the driver didn't get a ticket, and I got to meet new friends. HAHA

Kristin said...

Wow, that looks like a blast.

Carrie said...

I'm so jealous you got to go out on a boat for Seafair! I bet it was so much fun. It was a perfect weekend for being out on the water!

Lily G. said...

wow, this looks amazing! I want to go visit Seattle again. It's been years.

Leigh said...

I cannot wait to visit seattle someday, what a perfect summer weekend.

:)

My name is Megan... said...

looks like a fun, beautiful day!!

Couture Carrie said...

What fun, darling!
Fabulous photos!

xoxox,
CC

Petes Speaks said...

This sounds like a day well spent on the water!!

The Socialite said...

That looks so fun! A day on the water is perfect anytime! :)

Michelle said...

That looks like a blast. I live in Portland Maine which has similar but much smaller events!

Nicole Marie said...

oh that looks so fun!!

b is for brown said...

i want to visit Seattle!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin