Friday, August 14, 2009

Whole wheat pizza dough

I love reading the New York Times food section and I often find great recipes I want to try.

I am trying to substitute whole wheat flour in as many places as possible, and this is by far the best whole wheat pizza dough recipe I have found. You still have to use some normal white flour, otherwise it gets too stiff and doesn't taste very good.

It's so easy to make (I use mine in my standing Kitchen Aid mixer instead of my food processor though) and you can find the recipe here and then put any toppings on it. Its so much easier that people think it is and once you try it it will be hard to go back to any other kind of pizza.

And I think this is going to be on the menu for tonight, perfect Friday dinner! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

p.s. Have you seen this picture yet? Too funny!

image/New York Times
image/Guardian UK

17 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey there!

I just stumbled upon your site, and I LOVE it!!!
I am now following, and I look forward to reading more :)

I hear Seattle is really beautiful! I have never been there yet, but hope to go some day.

Jessica

Kristin said...

There was this place in Houston that was famous for their whole wheat crust. It was so delish. Can't wait to hear how yours turns out!

Couture Carrie said...

That pic is fantastic!

xoxox,
CC

Heather said...

I try and use whole wheat where ever I can too. Whole wheat noodles are good.

Girl With The Golden Touch said...

That pic is too funny!

Have a great weekend, I hope your pizza making goes well!

xo

New England Girl said...

Mmmm.... whole wheat pizza dough! I love that idea! I usually steer clear of pizza because of all of the white flour, but I bet this one is fantastic! :)

Also, I love that we posted the same photo today. He is just too sweet! I saw the photo on the news and didn't believe it at first. When I heard National Geographic had run it, I was in amazement... he is just so darn cute! :)

Lyr said...

Totally didn't realize that the New York times did that kind of stuff!! i just learned something! ;) Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Tracy-Girl said...

Ill have to try out that pizza dough... sounds really good! And... OMG... that picture is AMAZING!!! hahaha!

rachel said...

I've been trying to cook with more whole wheat, too. That recipe looks great!

Nicole Marie said...

umm that picture is hilarious!!!!!

and i love trader joes whole wheat dough! i'm too scared to make it from scratch

Aya Smith said...

I saw that vacation photo on my yahoo homepage! It's hilarious... thank you for reminding me, love it! haha :D

Tracy-Girl said...

So excited that you are going to do a guest blog for me!! YAY!! :) Can you send me over your email address? tracylesher@gmail.com

Allison said...

Yummooo, that sounds fabulous. I'm always looking for healthier alternatives for my favorite comfort foods!
And that picture is too funny...I'm just waiting for my mom to send it to me in a forward ;)

Jax said...

Omg! That squirrel photo is hilarious! I hadnt seen it! And also..loving your blog!!! :)

Petes Speaks said...

I can vouch for you homemade pizza! Speaking of, a little Italian reunion is in order!

Lily G. said...

That picture is so funny. And whole wheat pizza sounds delicious.

kanishk said...

I love that we posted the same photo today. He is just too sweet! I saw the photo on the news and didn't believe it at first.


Work From Home

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin