Monday, September 21, 2009

Oktoberfest

We had a great weekend here in Seattle! The best news was that my beloved school, the University of Washington Huskies beat USC in football, and they were ranked #3!! We had a horrible season last year, so this big win really has charged us up again and I can't wait for the rest of the season!

To celebrate the big win, that night Nick and I met up with a group of friends at Fremont's Oktoberfest. You buy tokens and then go from tent to tent tasting different types of beers. It was a total blast and had lots of good and unique beers (has anyone ever heard of watermelon beer before?! Think a watermelon jolly rancher with a beer aftertaste). So much fun!




And tonight, I met up with my cousin Lauren (she actually isn't my first cousin, but in a huge Italian family like mine, we don't distinguish first cousins from third cousins, it's all just in the "cousins" umbrella otherwise things get way too confusing), who was in Seattle on a stop-over from her many travels. We haven't seen each other in so long, but keep in touch via facebook and blogs, so it was great to see her in person and catch up.


19 comments:

Lily G. said...

Looks like a fabulous time!

Jax said...

So fun!! I wish our Oktoberfest had beer tastings! We just have overpriced pitchers that end up being used as oversized cups.. hah.. :) Cute cute pics!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Best game I have seen the Huskies play -- and to beat the #3 team -- YAYA!!! I love how "hoody season" has begun!!

Allison said...

That looks like so much fun =) And yum, watermelon beer sounds interesting and super refreshing! (And I'm not even really a beer girl!).
And congrats to your college football team!
You seriously must never take a bad picture - you always look so pretty in all of them! =) =)

Slices of Beauty... said...

So much fun there, love having so many cousins too.

CHOCOS DROPPING ECSTASY (ADMIN) said...

super blog, visited u, do u like sweetychocos please vist this sweetychocos and taste until u like, if u like more pls add this as SWEETYCHOCOS in ur blog and dont forgot to leave your comments after tasting this sweetychocos
http://sweetychocoswithecstasy.blogspot.com

Brown Girl said...

That was a great game!!! I was SO happy USC lost, bwahahahaha. Sorry, I'm a jerk, I know this. ;) Glad your weekend was well, I always miss Seattle when I look at your pics, you are already wearing a jacket!!! Crazy!

Kris said...

love me some oktoberfest. looks like a good time!

PinkSass said...

Oooh I love those type of beer festivals. They are the best. I met my husband at one. :)

Jenni said...

how fun!!!!!! Looks like a fantastic weekend!

Melissa said...

I love Oktoberfest here in NY. Looks like you had such a good time!

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Lottie said...

looks like so much fun!

The Socialite said...

Oooh fun stuff! :)

I'm a USC fan - sorry. haha My sister goes there, so I have represent. But I know nothing about football (I'm a baseball girl), so we can still be blogger friends, right?! haha

Happy 1st day of fall by the way!

Sassy Chica said...

Watermelon Beer...sound interesting! Love all the pics, shows a good time was had by all!
Smooches,
Sassy Chica

Kelly said...

what a rad weekend!! i went to the Oktoberfest in San Francisco and LOVED it! your picture look like you had a blast!

and congrats on the football win!

Jillian said...

I'm not much of a football fan but I was so excited the Huskies beat USC too! We deserve to have a good season. We were terrible the whole time I was at UW.

sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Torie Jayne said...

looks like so much fun! Have a sweet day! x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin