Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The rest of Labor Day weekend

Saturday marked the opening of UW football and I could not be more excited about it! I love college football and even though our poor Huskies had a rough season last year, I am really pulling for us this year!

Our Saturday we played LSU (and sadly lost, not a surprise) and even though is was a 7:30 p.m. game, that did not stop Nick's friends from starting the tailgate at 7:30 a.m.! They are hardcore Husky fans!


I have to say, Nick's friends put on an amazing tailgate, complete with Nolan's parents RV or his navigator, towing a "stage" for the BBQ and stereo system. They've also got an open air tent and beer pong table, decorated with jerseys!

Scott and his little bro playing beer pong (love the expression on Scott's face)

Nick and I didn't go to the game, but had a blast tailgating for it and hanging out with everyone. Can't wait for the rest of the season!

Sunday and Monday were both low key days, but on Monday my parents and brother came up to Seattle and took Nick and I out for dim sum, my fave! I seriously could eat dim sum once a week, I love it!

And, I started watching season 1 of LOST and am so sucked in! I mean what is up with this island?!?!

I love three-day weekends!

6 comments:

The Luces said...

Oh, that island...it's CRAZY! And believe it or not, it only gets more crazy...

New England Girl said...

Wow- that is some SERIOUS tailgating! It looks like a great time! Definitely something I'd love to experience. :) But, if I started the festivities at 7:30am, I would be done and down for the count by 2, which is no good. :) I am so happy to hear you had a good weekend!

Lyr said...

You really had a fun, jam-packed weekend! So great! Glad to see that you had a blast! :)

Kelly said...

What a great weekend! I'm such a fan of tailgating! And you all seem to be professionals at it!

And I watched the first season of lost in February and I was hooked...but I'm afraid to watch more because I might get a little too obsessed!! haha

Jillian said...

Go Huskies! I went to UW and always root for them even though I live in Oregon. I get a lot of flack from Beaver and Duck fans...but the Huskies are the best!

Allison said...

Ah, that sounds like so much fun! Seriously, what a crazyyy amount of tailgating!!! It looks like so, so much fun and I'm glad you had such an amazing time =)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin