Thursday, October 15, 2009

Meghan's birthday dinner at Bizzaro

A tradition Meghan, Brynn and I have had since post college is that we take the birthday girl out to dinner at a restaurant none of us have been to.

I know it sounds cheesy, but honestly, it really is such a fun birthday gift just being able to hang out with two of my best friends over wine and a wonderful dinner. Even though we hang out a couple of times a week, going out to a nice dinner is always special!



We went to a totally fun and cute Italian restaurant called Bizzaro which was actually featured on the Food Network.

We wanted it to be a surprise for Meghan, so instead of telling her the name of the restaurant we made up directions from Dwight Schrute from The Office telling her to go to a location where she would find another clue to our dinner spot.

We emailed it to our friend Donny who also works with her and he printed it out and put it on her desk. Yes, Brynn and I are kind of crazy, but we love it!


What was especially fun about this dinner was reminiscing to 10 years ago:

For Meghan's 16th birthday, her mom took us three down to Portland for a girls weekend. They got us a beautiful hotel room, we shopped, went out to dinner and had like a wonderful weekend hanging out. And here we are exactly 10 years later having dinner together!

It's so fun to think that we have been friends for over a decade now and here's to many more birthdays and decades of friendship!

singing at Coldplay

15 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

We do the birthday dinner tradition as well, but I love the new restaurant idea even better!! What an amazing friend you are to type up a fun letter like that. Creative!!

Ivy Wilson said...

So cute! I'm glad you girls had a good time:-)

PinkSass said...

Seriously friends are the best. (cheesy I know but the truth)

Summer @ B is for Brown said...

i love you even more now! this is awesome! i love this place. can we do lunch there? ;)

~KS said...

How fun!!! What an awesome tradition!! And I love the Dwight Schrute directions :) Perfect extra touch!

Allison said...

I love that the letters were from Dwight, too funny!! How amazing to have such wonderful life long friends!

Selma said...

So glad to hear you had a great time. Wish I had friends and a tradtion like that. Either way, the place you chose to go to looks amazing! :)

Carly said...

ohmigod if i got a letter like that from dwight, that would pretty much be the best day ever! :)

Kelly said...

what a fun and creative way to keep in touch with friends and celebrate birthdays!! i don't think it's cheesy at all!!

i love it and think it's such a great idea!!!

and that restaurant is so cute and looks really fun!

New England Girl said...

That's such an awesome and long-standing tradition! :)

You Are My Fave said...

A really great birthday dinner is such a great gift. You are always having such fun nights out!

Tracy-Girl said...

I love the idea of going into a restaraunt that none of you have ever been to! That makes each Birthday so fun... and its a great way to see new places! I love it! I also adore your pictures. The one of your backs singing is so cute :)

{lovely little things} said...

How fun, I love that place.

I love that last picture of you girls, so cute!

Clelia said...

your dinner sounds really fun ... and Italian restaurant is the best....


ok I am Italian but... come on it' true :)))

i like the idea of new restaurants for bdays...

clelia... from london

Jax said...

Ha! So cute! I actually took a second to think about my friends I've had for 10 plus years.. so crazy, right?! I love this tradition! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin