Monday, November 23, 2009

Fun and food birthday weekend

Okay, I am finally back at it and after the weekend we are organized again and back on a Seattle time zone.

This weekend was an especially fun one because it was Nick's birthday on Saturday! And we celebrated with what else, lots of food!

For lunch on Saturday, I took Nick to Paseo's. Their sandwiches are so good and they have even been listed on Esquire's list of sandwiches to have before you die. And yes, they are that good.

Then that night, we went to a food and wine event called 20Something - The New Vintage. Its an event where you pay for a ticket, and then get to taste food and wine all night. Some of the top restaurants in Seattle were there and tons of wine and we had an absolute blast. We are already looking forward to next year. I didn't take a lot of pictures because I always had a glass of wine and yummy food!



one of Seattle's top chefs, Tom Douglas


Then on Sunday, I cooked him homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, and for dinner, tomatillo enchiladas and yellow cake with chocolate butter cream frosting, all from scratch.

Guess I'll need lots of gym time before even more eating for Thanksgiving!

15 comments:

heather said...

what a good wife-to-be you are! :)

Selma said...

Wow, all from scratch?! He's a lucky guy!!! :) ;) Glad to hear you are back on Seattle time. ;)
Happy Tuesday!

French lover said...

Happy belated birthday to him! Sounds like you guys had a blast. That last meal you cooked sounds amazing, what a lucky guy ;-)

Cee said...

sounds like a yummy weekend!

Kelly said...

Looks like SUCH a fun place!! And your food sounds really good right about now :-)

Jenni said...

ohhh that looks like so much fun!!!!! Spencer and I have talked about moving to Seattle or Portland after I finish grad school...sooo around 5 more years but I could still be in my 20's! (late 29 anyways..haha)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

The event looked awesome!!! Let's plan in advance and go together next year!!

Summer (BisforBrown) said...

Food is always a celebration! lol!

Happy belated bday! Looks like a fun time!

You look very pretty!

Jax said...

Ooh what a fun event! Love that! I kinda love wine.. a lot. :) And glad he had a happy day!! :)

Annie said...

sounds like a great weekend with lots of great food!! hope your man had a wonderful birthday!
homemade chicken noodle soup sounds super yummy right now!!

p.s. have a great thanksgiving!!

The SSS Sophisticate said...

So fun!!! Bring Top Chef to Seattle Tom!

Ohhh what is all this deliciousness you cooked??? I must see this recipe for enchiladas!

Allison said...

Nick is a lucky guy - I can't believe you cooked all that for him! It sounds delicious! =)
I'm so excited to see the picture you took for me from France - I'm LOVING the pictures from your last blog post - you, as always, look perfect! Sigh, I'm dreaming of the day when J will bring me to Paris! =) I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend!

Emi and Kyle said...

Happy birthday Nick! Wish Kyle and I had been able to go to the event! Next year? Sounds like a good blog post---yummy!

Robbie said...

Is it just me or are Tom Douglas and Dale Chihuly looking more and more alike? Tom + eyepatch = Dale.

bellamartinelli said...

YOur blog is supercute!! I tagged you for an award!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin