Wednesday, December 9, 2009

France trip day 4: Paris

We started out the day with our usual breakfast at a nearby bakery with the usual chocolate croissant, cafe creme and fresh orange juice.


Then we went off and tackled the Louvre. It is one of the largest museums in the world and a former royal palace. It would be 12 miles if someone walked down all the corridors. We obviously weren't able to do it all so just did the main highlights.

map of the Louvre

some Louvre highlights

Mona Lisa...

...and her paparazzi scene

relaxing in the ancient Louvre exhibit

After the Louvre, we stopped in the Orangerie Museum that had some famous Monet waterlily paintings, but that was all we really saw there. Too many other places we wanted to go!

We then walked down the famous Champs Elysee, stopped in the shops, had lunch outside at a cafe and made our way to the Arc de Triomphe


And then walked up to the top for some beautiful views of the city and the chaos of the traffic below!

Later in the evening we went to a restaurant near the Eiffel Tower and I had a truffle cream pasta dish and Nick had steak and of course, nutella crepes for dinner!

19 comments:

French lover said...

Another busy day ! You guys were lucky to visit the Louvre when you did because the museum employees are on strike right now (and has been for a few days now). Did you stop to eat a macaron at Ladurée on the Champs Elysées ?

Cee said...

These posts are really making me want to go to Paris!

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

Arc de Triomphe...was probably on my top 3 to see in Paris. It simply took my breath away. Especially when on top...wasn't it just fabulous!!!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

The Acr de Triomphe was probably my favorite place to go! We went at night and the views were amazing! I loved it even more than going to the tower!

Candice Weeks said...

I love these pictures!!! I can't get over how small the Mona Lisa is compared to how I pictured it in my mind!!!!

Dionne said...

Oooh la la.

How do you say "jealous" in French?

mackenzie said...

loving your pictures!!!

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

Crepes. Yum!
Thanks for sharing the pictures! It brought some memories back!
Do you do xmas cards? If so, you can totally include that picture in front of the arc!

Jenny DB said...

nutella crepes.YUMMMY!!

Mrs.LifeAccounts said...

I am really enjoying your France recaps! Just found your blog, absolutely love it!

{lovely little things} said...

I've always wanted to go to L'Orangerie, both times I was in Paris it was closed for renovations!

Kelly said...

seriously, i drool over the food you post!! i think i would just spend the majority of my trip trying out all of the food!!

you guys take the cutest pictures together. looks to me like you're going to have awesome wedding pictures :)

Savvy Gal said...

Bf and I are thinking about visiting Paris again. I think your trip is speeding up mine. : )

Kristin said...

So many fabulous things to see. Sigh. I get more jealous each post I read. Get ready hubs...I'm on a mission!

Erikizzle said...

oh carol, it looks like you had such a blast. so jealous you got to go to paris!! i was too young to fully enjoy it when i went. it's def on my list of places to go.

Selma said...

Oh Carol...these pictures are amazing. :D Thanks for sharing. :D

Tracy-Girl said...

How beautiful... doesn't seeing all the pictures again make you want to go back right now!?

Nicole Marie said...

oh that bakery! and nutella! and the eiffel tower! so jealous!

Lacey said...

Those pastries looks amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin