Monday, December 28, 2009

France trip day 7: Avignon

Nick and I said goodbye to Paris for a few days and said hello to the sunny (and warmer) south of France. Provence is known for its beautiful scenery and Mediterranean cuisine, so my camera and stomach were ready!

We took a high speed train from Paris to Avignon and it only took 2.5 hours at around 200 mph!

After checking into our hotel in Provence, our first stop was the market, where I of course was in heaven. I loveeee olives (my Italian heritage in me) and I was of course going crazy with their huge selection.

We spent the whole day just walking around and enjoying the beautiful countyside, so I will let the pictures do the talking.

Daily market...

Enjoying my purchases from the market...

View of the Rhone River...


Vineyard...Palace of the Popes



Avignon half bridge...

Around the city...


23 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

How gorgeous!!! xoxo

Selma said...

So pretty! I would have been in heaven, too...that market looked great! :)

Cee said...

Looks amazing!

Brown Girl said...

Looks so beautiful!!

Summer (BisforBrown) said...

everything looks so magical and perfect! movie set! you are the actress!

PinkSass said...

Makes me want to book our trip to Europe right now!

Candice Weeks said...

AMAZING pictures as usual :) I have got to plan a trip over there!!!!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

It looks so pretty and relaxing there!

Nicole Marie said...

just gorgeous!

Candice Pair said...

Your pics are amazing! I can't wait to make that trip one day! I saw your comment on my bf's page (my beautiful life/walking in memphis hah) and i noticed you lived in Seattle...dying to go there one day! Candice and I are working on a trip very soon! Love your blog!

Candice Weeks said...

I just saw your comment! What a small world that your mom grew up here!!! And yes, Corky's bbq is the best! That is actually where a bunch of us at work are going to for lunch today :) How awesome that they mail you some! Well I have been working on a trip to Seattle with some of my girlfriends so I might have to get some advice from you on what we should do while we're there. We are thinking next fall.

Jen said...

Just found your blog - it's adorable :)

bryna said...

lovely pictures! would love to be in france right now!

Kristin said...

I think I could eat from the market every day. YUM!

my Shopping bag said...

Avignon is my favorite town in France. I used to live in Switzerland, highly recommend to visit!

Robbie said...

Yay for such awesome pictures!! Mostly they make me hungry, but they also make me want to travel. =)

Kelly said...

mmm!! all that food looks SO tasty! and you look adorable perched there with your food :)

amazing pictures, girl! i can only imagine what it was like in person!
xx

Haddock said...

Lovely Vineyard

Jax said...

That pic of you on the steps is so freaking cute!!!

carrie1 said...

Great pictures! =)
One day I will work up the courage to go over seas. =)

Happy New Year! =)

Taylor @ Jimmy Choos and a Baby Too said...

SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!

Savvy Gal said...

thanks for all your tips. what pretty pictures. happy new year. xo SG

Kassie said...

I LOVE Avignon!! I studied a semester there at the University of Avignon. I'm glad you got to visit and enjoyed it! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin