Wednesday, December 2, 2009

France trip: Paris day 2

Day two is when the real sightseeing began!

Lovely fall colors at a park on the Ile Saint-Louis

We started out at the beautiful Saint Chapelle which is a church with massive stained glass windows all around every side. All of the stained glass windows were from different books of the bible, and five main windows tell the story of Jesus. The Church was originally built to house Jesus' crown of thorns.


A short walk away was the beautiful Notre Dame cathedral. When we were inside they were tuning the massive organ so that was really cool to hear.



After we spent some time in the cathedral, we walked 400 starirs up to the top and got some beautiful views of the city.

400 stairs - easy!


gargoyles and view from the top

We went to the Conciergerie (jail) where Marie Antoinette was jailed...

...and then to the Pantheon...


And then spend the evening walking around the Luxembourg Gardens...


And before dinner, we got a snack at the famous ice cream shop Bertillion (we were still tying to Parisian schedule of dinner at 8 p.m.) and I of course had to see the DaVinci code inverted pyramids!


We went to a small restaurant called Restaurant Polidor which opened in 1845! It was so good and I see why is has been around that long!

20 comments:

Selma said...

Oh I love all of these pictures. You were lucky to have such gorgeous weather while over there! :) Ah...and you walked all the way up the Notre Dame?! Terrific.
So glad you had an amazing time in Paris!!!! :D

French lover said...

Beautiful pictures ! You guys did so much in one day !

KLaw said...

That looks absolutely amazing!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Those pictures are just phenomenal!

Candice Weeks said...

Hey! I found your blog through a friend's blog, and I love it! I love these pictures! Paris is on my list of places I MUST SEE!!! Have a great day!

Cee said...

Love the views from the top to Notre Dame!

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

Notre Dame was probably one of my absolute favorite! I thought the architecture was stunning!

Just loving your photos!! :)

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness you did so much in one day!!!!! BEAUTIFUL photos!!!!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

Beautiful pictures!! I love the stained glass windows!

Caroline said...

I am loving all your photos!!! I am getting so excited for my trip now. Notre Dame is beautiful and did you devour all the yummy chocolate crepes in Paris because I know I certainly did :)!!! Keep the photos coming... they are great!!! Also, can you email me at writingldy@gmail.com, so I can have your email... I have a question to ask you :) !!! Hope all is well!! xo

The New Black said...

You lucked out and got amazing weather it looks like! Just by seeing your pics I am on the verge of planning a trip of our own over there!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great 2nd day over there!

Inspiration in Italy said...

Wow, Paris?! Sounds like you have a love for traveling like me! I have never been but one day I want to visit. That is funny that you studied in Rome because I actually lived in Seattle during high school. :) I'm glad you found me because I'm excited to read more of your blog as well!

xoxo
Rachel

Annie said...

loving all the photos!!
and you always look so darn cute!

Sassy Chica said...

Your pictures are FABULOUS, thank you so much for sharing!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

Kassie said...

I love paris!! I've been there many times and I never get tired of it. Love seeing all the photos!

Kelly said...

again! wonderful pictures!!! you trip looks and sounds like it was amazing {even though that was assumed by all}. You both were busy little bees! I'm impressed!!

and p.s. you have such beautiful eyes!!!

{lovely little things} said...

Your pictures are wonderful, makes me want to visit Paris in the fall!

Kelly said...

Amazing pictures! (you look so cute too :-)) Congrats on Nick's job promotion! Awesome!! :-D

Megara said...

ah i love your pictures!!! we didn't get to do this much sightseeing because our trip was so whirlwind... gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin