Friday, January 22, 2010

2010 goal addition


I went back and edited my earlier post on my 2010 goals to include one more item: stretch more.

I normally am rushing out of the gym in the morning to get home and ready for work and never stretch. In fact, I don't remember the last time I really did stretch after a workout. I noticed my calf muscles are getting a little tight and I know as I get older it wont get any better.

So my new goal is to leave the gym 5 minutes earlier, get home and stretch (and that will be give me time to catch the first few minutes of the today show)! I figured this was easy enough to do, I just need to remember to do it!

13 comments:

brown eyed girl said...

Me too! I need to be more mindful of that, sometimes I stretch in the shower (weird, I know) because it just feels good!

Caroline said...

I have to remind myself to stretch too. It's so hard to remember.

Kelly said...

good luck! stretching is so important and i forget to do it also!! i hate how life rushes us! i'm going to join you and try to stretch more :)

have a great weekend!

heather said...

My workouts are never complete unless I stretch after my cardio! I can tell when I am slacking because I start sucking it up in yoga too.

Selma said...

I was just thinking that last week...did I stretch or not? It's so important and we hardly do it. Oops. Have a good weekend.

New England Girl said...

Ugh! I SO need to start stretching more, too. I feel my muscles getting so tight and it is so unpleasant. Good luck fitting this in. :)

Crazy Shenanigans said...

I did some stretching this week for the first time in a long time and it really helped!!! Great goal!

{lovely little things} said...

I need to add that to my list. Have you ever heard of "The Bar Method?" It's a new work-out class in Redmond, Jody LOVES it, apparently it's all about stretching, and it's hard but worth it!

Brown Girl said...

I should stretch more as well, I always forget or am in too much of a hurry!

Kassie said...

I'm so bad with stretching! I hardly ever do it.

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

I give you major props for getting to the gym in the morning...I could never. I do get up in time to catch some of the Today show before work though! :) ha.

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

I am really bad about not stretching, and I'm trying to work on that too!!

Mrs.LifeAccounts said...

I'm really bad about remembering to stretch, my husband and I are talking about doing 20 minutes of yoga before going to bed every night to focus on stretching more...we'll see how it goes!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin