Thursday, January 28, 2010

Date night and Michael Pollan on Oprah

Last night Nick took me out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Ray's Boathouse. Its right on the water (I can't take credit for that picture though, its from the website) and they have great seafood. I ordered the crab cakes, my favorite meal!




And to top off a great night, Michael Pollan (the author I did this post, and this one, and this one about - yes I am a big fan) was on Oprah! Thank goodness my friend Brooke alerted me so I could set the DVR. (Thanks Brooke!!!) If you happen to have missed it, you can read all about his Food 101 discussion here. I think he is fantastic and his writings are very eye opening about what we are eating.



images: Rays Boathouse, Oprah

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

i was so happy to see michael pollan on oprah...the tides are changing!!

Candice said...

That sounds like an amazing place. I will have to write that down as places to go when I make the trip to Seattle :)

Cee said...

Wow what a view! I don't know much about Michael Pollan but I clicked on the links to your other posts and now I am going to have to check out those books!

Risley said...

I have that Oprah on my DVR! I have to watch it!

Carrie @ Laugh Love Eat Ice Cream said...

The view from Ray's boathouse is so pretty!

I have heard many good things about Michael Pollan. I probably would enjoy his books. I'm going to check out his Food 101 discussion.

Hannah @ The New Black said...

Mmmm, I LOVE Rays! I switch back and forth between their crab cakes and their scallops. Oh, and their vinigarette is to DIE FOR! Now I am hungry!! ☺

Brown Girl said...

I'll have to watch that episode. And I need to have a talk with M about doing date night, we should start that!

The SSS Sophisticate said...

I heart Michael AND crabcakes!!!! A perfect night!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

I seriously need to order that book! I had forgot the title so thanks for the reminder.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I will watch Michael Pollan just for you!! And what a sweet guy to take you to Ray's -- yummmmmy!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

You're like the 10th person who's mentioned his Oprah appearance. I'm going to have to read his books.s

The Socialite said...

Yum, I love seafood! :)

I missed that episode too! He's a food lover? I'll have to check him out!

Mrs.LifeAccounts said...

ohhhhh that looks like a wonderful date!

by the way-I left you an award on my blog!

Jax said...

Oh fun! I'll go read about that! I'm stuck all snowed in and am looking for anything interesting to read. One can only watch so much tv.. haha! :)

Nicole Marie said...

how fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin