Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tahitian honeymoon day 1: Tahiti

Considering I got married almost six months ago (wow, time flies!), I figured it was time to start the process of blogging about the honeymoon! Wedding is to come, but with literally hundreds of pictures, that will take a while!

When we were thinking about where to go, we kept going back and forth between lots of warm destinations. A trip to French Polynesia has always been #1 on my list - especially when looking at all the beautiful picture of the huts in Bora Bora!

After a lot of discussion and planning, we decided to just go for it and do the ultimate vacation: Tahiti, Moorea and the ultimate beach vacation - Bora Bora! And I am so happy we did it!
We got married on Saturday and left Wednesday morning, which worked out really well. We had time to relax post-wedding, pack and spend time with family that was in town.

On Wednesday we flew from Seattle to Los Angeles which was about 3 hours, then Los Angeles to Papetee, the capitol of Tahiti which was about an 8 hour flight. Even though Tahiti is a long ways away, its only a 3 hour time difference from Seattle (same time zone as Hawaii) so it was a practically jet-lag free trip in the southern hemisphere!




After an easy and enjoyable flight on Air Tahiti Nui thanks to lots of movie choices, we landed in the evening in Papetee. We were greeted at the airport by our shuttle and were given leis - fun!
We then checked in at our hotel: The Intercontinental Resort Tahiti. Since it was the evening, we just stuck close to the hotel, walked around a little bit and checked out the ground and soaking in the beginning of an amazing trip!

Since it was night, I only have a few pictures.


looking over at one of the pools


an infiniti pool with a white sand floor (so it felt like you were in the ocean) - very cool!


another view of the white sand infiniti pool

the beginning of a great vacation!
Lots more posts to come!

16 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds and looks so beautiful:) Wow...Hugs and kisses, my dear

Ps: I am hosting a beautiful Garnish party supplies GIVEAWAY today :) ...Just in time for Valentine’s Day!

Lindsay said...

Oh how I would love to be at a place like that right now...

{lovely little things} said...

So pretty, good times!

Jax said...

Beeeeeeeautiful! Looking forward to reading more! You just reminded me that I dont think I ever finished my Hawaii blogging. OOps. It's so hard to capture it all, ya know? I cant wait to read the rest of your posts about your amazing trip!!!

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Ammaazing!! I really want to go their someday! Can't wait to see more of the pictures during the day :)

Stevie said...

Sounds fabulous already! And that POOL!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. My aunt and uncle went to Tahiti a few years ago and loved it.

Brunch at Saks said...

What a fabulous honeymoon! Gorgeous photos! xoxo

{Selma} Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

So amazing! :) Absolutely love the pictures!!!!

Erikizzle said...

yay!! I've been hoping that you would blog about your wedding and honeymoon!

Ms. J said...

New follower :) That looks SO wonderful! Especially right now, I am so sick of the cold and snowy weather!!

Holmes said...

It looks beautiful at night! ..and the infiniti white sand pools sound amazing! Do tell more!!!

Lyr said...

SO AMAZING!!! Looks wonderful!!!

Hannah @ The New Black said...

Amazing!

So I clicked through to the hotel and have been pricing vacations there just for fun...and I am now adding this place to my list of Must Travel To locations!

Allison said...

Carol, I can't even express how happy I am that you posted these pictures! That pool looks unbelievable - and how amazing that it has a sand bottom :) (I LOVE infinity pools - I think The OC gave me such an appreciation for them!).
So fun - love this post and can't wait for more pictures!
My parents go to Bora Bora every year or two, and never bring Pat and I - I'm going to have to try to get a trip out of them sometime, and I'm sure all your pictures are going to make me want to go even more :)

diana kang said...

this looks STUNNING! xx

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The place you stayed looks FABULOUS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin