Kale is one of those amazing super foods loaded with nutrients that I am trying to eat more often. Yesterday our work had a nutritionist/cook come talk to us and she showed us this easy and delicious kale salad recipe originally from Gourmet Magazine that can also be found here.
I've never been much of a fan of raw kale, but I am telling you, this is so good and nutritious! And I always seem to lack on my veggie intake during the winter, so I'm going to try to incorporate this into my diet more often.
- 3/4 to 1 pound lacinato kale (also called Tuscan kale) or tender regular kale, stems and center ribs discarded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces coarsely grated ricotta salata (1 cup)
Whisk together shallot, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
Toss kale and ricotta salata in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat well, then season with salt and pepper.