Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dinner at Canlis

One of the best. most beautiful and most expensive restaurants in Seattle is Canlis. It has a long list of prestigious awards for its food and their wine selection has been given thirteen consecutive Wine Spectator Magazine Grand Awards - one of 72 restaurants worldwide to be given the award.

So, this restaurant is quite the fancy place in town so you can imagine my excitement when I saw they were participating in Seattle's Restaurant Week - where you can get a three course dinner for $25 per person! Score!! I made reservations immediately and I am so glad I did because shortly thereafter they ran out of reservations spots and had to close their waiting list at 80 groups!

It was such a perfect meal and I have my meal to share:

View from the restaurant (not taken by me)
image: Seattlest

The menu...

Getting excited for dinner (a jacket for men is required)...


We first had an amuse bouche of a gazpacho soup and then the award winning Canlis salad. And their website even gives you the recipe - check it out here! I will for sure be making this at home sometime.



Truffle fries (given to us on the house by our amazing waiter, Chris)



Nick's entree of halibut



My entree of braised lamb with homemade fettuccine



My dessert was a vanilla creme brulee (the congratulations was for Nick and my 5-year dating anniversary)


Nick's dessert was shortcake


I am so ready to go back and maybe they'll be participation in Restaurant Week again which happens in October!

27 comments:

Linda said...

The Canlis salad was delicious! I can't wait for October too.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I cannot believe they participated!! That's a crazy good deal, we went there to celebrate Gabe getting his job :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That place look beautiful and the food, fantastic!
You guys got a great deal:)
What a view:)
Greetings and Happy Monday!

Cee said...

Looks amazing! Restaurant Weeks are the best.

Crazy Shenanigans said...

It looks amazing! That's great that you were able to get a reservation!

Juliana said...

How exciting! What a great time and your pictures are wonderful!!!!

The Holmes said...

I love restaurant week! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time. Congrats on your 5 year anniversary!

Meredith said...

Yum!! Looks like you had a great time! Happy Anniversary!

Emi and Kyle said...

We tried the Barking Frog, but next time we will have to do Canlis! Those truffle fries look amazing, yummm! -Emi

Heather said...

This place looks amazing and the food looks so good!! You guys look so cute, glad y'all had a great time!

Carrie @ Laugh Love Eat Ice Cream said...

I've heard so many good things about Canlis. I really want to try it sometime! You got a great deal with $25 per person! I'll have to be on the lookout for that in October. Congratulations on your 5 year dating anniversary!

Selma said...

Love Restaurant Week!!! :D And this place looks amazing. The food too of course. :D Glad you had a great time at Canlis.

Jami said...

This looks awesome! What a treat! Congrats! -Jami

Samantha Levang said...

That place looks incredible! I'll have to see if I can make it to the October Restaurant Week.

{lovely little things} said...

I love Canlis, looks like you had an amazing dinner!

Nicole Marie said...

wow yum!!! those fries!! amazing!!

meredith said...

this restaurant has a gorgeous view and the food looks amazing!!!! congrats on five years!!

Nicole* said...

it looks delicious! what a beautiful display :)
congratulations to you two!

Allison said...

That food looks absolutely wonderful - those truffle fries made my mouth water... they look PERFECT! Seriously, this was not the post to read when I'm absolutely starving ;) (And you look gorgeous as always!). You and Nick are such a beautiful couple!

Kristin said...

I so miss going to restaurant week in DC. That place looks AMAZING!

Caroline said...

Yum .... everything looks heavenly!!! xo

French lover said...

This is all so gorgeous and it looks delicious !!! Yum !

Iva said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Socialite said...

Yummy! :) I love restaurant week, they should do it more often!

p.s. that blue looks great on you!

Lacey said...

That looks so delish!

Erikizzle said...

that looks amazing! I'm glad that you take lots of pictures of food too :)

Jenni said...

WOW!!! THat all looks soooo delicious!!!!! How exciting!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin