Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Book Club: Heart Of The Matter

image: amazon
Tonight is my first book club meeting with my friends from the sorority. It's more of a chance to socialize and drink wine I think, but I'm all about reading more so I'm excited it was started!

I will admit now so that my fellow book-clubbers and bloggers Baillie, Michelle and Carrie know I haven't finished the book yet - oops! At the end of the honeymoon I started The Girl Who Played With Fire (still reading it) and it was hard to put down so sadly Heart Of The Matter took a backseat.

Regardless of my knowing the ending or not (althought I think I can predict it), I'm excited to see all my friends tonight. I haven't seen them since the wedding!

some book club ladies are in the picture

10 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

That will be fun for sure! I love the idea of Book Club:)
Have fun,sweetie

Ps: Thank you for taking part in my GIVEAWAY!

Joanna B. @ Newlywed Tales said...

Hi I am a new follower/ reader and the first thing I saw on my dashboard was your post and the EG book! I loved this book! I actually met her and wrote about it

http://wandjbodie.blogspot.com/2010/06/meeting-emily-giffin.html

She is such a super sweet lady! Have a great time at your book club!

Carrie @ Laugh Love Eat Ice Cream said...

Looking forward to seeing you tonight Carol!

Jax said...

SO FUN! My soror sisters and I want to get a book club started too! We just haven't decided on a book! ha! :) Lemme know how it goes! Fun stuff!

Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Love the idea of a book club! You have fun girl. :) And now I have a few books I can look for next time I enter a bookstore. :)

Kristin said...

I couldnt put that book down! Not the happiest of books but makes you reflect and remember certain things!

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I love her books... and I love the idea of a book club, totally a reason to get together and drink wine! haha! Have fun!

Tamara Nicole said...

Yes I'm jealous of the book club thing! (or girls wine night lol). Hmmmm maybe I'll start one!
LOVE Emily Griffin's books:-)

P.S. you guys should totally go to Greece!!! We went on a cruise to 5 Greek spots, and a few Italy ones. AMAZING! If you need ideas I'm here for ya:-)

Kristin said...

What a gorgeous group of ladies! I would love to have a book club. Wish my girls didn't live in other states. HA!

Jenny DB said...

i absolutely LOVED the girl who played with fire (and the #1 dragon tattoo) bought the 3rd but am forcing myself to wait until my next trip to read it. ironically i just joined a book club and this was the first pick. is that a 'thing'? i usually dont read heart of the matter kinda books, not gonna lie not really looking forward to it. but i am still hoping it will surprise me, in a good way :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin