Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Seattle snowed in


Some crazy weather has left Seattle and surrounding areas quite the winter wonderland! I'm very thankful I've been able to work from home and haven't ventured out of the house minus a couple of neighborhood walks to avoid cabin fever.

This past weekend were were going to head to Canada for Nick's birthday weekend, but sadly the snow prevented that. But I had a full weekend of cooking and baking for him and there is a rain check in the future!

A few weeks ago I made the purchase of Hunter boots with fleece liners and yaktrax and they have all come in handy the past 48 hours. Things are still cold, but the snow has left us and we are onward to Thanksgiving!
image: WeHeartIt

13 comments:

{Selma} Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Enjoy the snow though!!!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving Carol.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

It's quite beautiful but really stressing me out. I'm hoping my daughter won't have any trouble flying out of there today to meet us for Thanksgiving - yikes!!

emily said...

Wow that is a lot of snow!

Meg said...

the east is still waiting for snow... hope you're enjoying it while it lasts! i have to say i'm more than a little jealous :)

Chiara said...

I can´t believe there is so much snow in NOVEMBER!!! This is ridiculous!!!
Good luck
xoxo

heather said...

I have thought about getting something like yaktrax -- would definitely help in the ice!

Summer {Bisfor...} said...

snow? wow! enjoy it. act like kids.

Diana Mieczan said...

I cant wait for some snow..You guys got so much of it...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,darling
Hugs and kisses:)

Ps: I am hosting a beautiful pillows GIVEAWAY today, just in time for Christmas.

{lovely little things} said...

I've never heard of yaktrax, but hunter boots are on my Christmas or birthday list - love them!!

What color did you get?

Allison said...

Ahh, I can't believe there's snow in Seattle! Stay warm - I'm sure your Hunter boots are definitely coming in handy! (I LIVE in mine!).

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow!! The snowstorm is crazy! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving together!

Jax said...

Ohmy! That's a lot of freaking snow! (Yes, that's obvious. Sorry.. it's what I thought in my head as I saw that pic.. haha). :) Glad you had some great boots to hike around in and hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Caroline said...

Sending you hugs!! XO

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin