Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tahitian honeymoon day 2 & 3: Moorea


The evening of day 3, we hopped on a 20 minute ferry ride over to the island of Moorea. This was Nick's favorite island (mine was Bora Bora). Nick said the reason he liked Moorea the best was because it was the most "authentic," which I agree but I still liked Bora Bora better. :)

In the picture you can see Moorea next to the main island of Tahiti.


After the ferry ride we were picked up by our driver and made the car trip from the ferry dock to our hotel on the other side of the island. There is only one main road on the island and its only 37 miles around the whole island.

We stayed at the Intercontinental Resort and Spa Moorea which was lovely and has just finished a multi-million dollar renovation including two new pools. I heard they were renovating and I was worried construction would still be going on, but they did the planning so that everything was ready by high-season (when we were there). I even emailed the hotel to find out about construction progress and the manager emailed me back with pictures to show the status.  I thought that was so nice, but I would have been so sad if I went all the way there and had no pool! 

Here are a couple of pictures from the evening.








The next morning, open air dining for breakfast:


Then walked around the hotel and checked out the new pool!











More of day 3  in Moorea to come tomorrow!

12 comments:

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

It's sooo beautiful, Carol!! I am drooling! ;) I want to go someday!!

Brown Girl said...

Looks so gorgeous, I'm so jealous!!

jillian m. said...

absolutely breathtaking. i have the itch to travel! especially with the current snowy living conditions on the east coast!

B said...

These pictures are making me SO jealous. It's beautiful!!

Jax said...

Oh.my.gosh. It's so beautiful! I just cant even wrap my head around it.. So stunning! What an amazing location! (I officially forwarded this to Eric as a "Lookie.. Let's go!" hahaha) :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Everything looks so fantastic and beautiful:) I wish I could be there right now:) Happy Monday,sweetie
Kisses

Caroline said...

So beautiful!!!!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The photos look amazing!!! The location is so pretty and exotic!

Kristin said...

OMG...That sunset is worth going for alone!

Allison said...

That sunset is absolutely stunning - and you look as gorgeous as ever, my friend! Every single picture you took makes me want to book my flight right now (especially as I look out the window and all I can see is piles and piles of snow!). Can't wait to see more pictures - these are definitely worth the wait :)

Emma said...

i would kill to be there right now, it looks like you had an amazing honeymoon!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Seriously, you totally found these images online you so did not go here! j/k lol Amazing pictures!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin