Friday, January 28, 2011

Tahitian honeymoon day 2: Tahiti

Good morning Tahiti!


view overlooking one of the pools and ocean with the island of Moorea in the background

For our night in Tahiti, we stayed at the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort, it was beautiful! After a delicious breakfast (all the food was wonderful!) Nick and I ventured out into the capitol of Tahiti, Papetee. We walked around and checked out some of the sites and walked around the giant market. All the fishermen bring their fresh catches there too.

breakfast by the pool




Walking around Papetee


City hall



After we spent some time in the "city" we headed back to the hotel to really start vacation mode - at the pool!

pool #1


The hotel had two pools and the first one was an infinity pool that had a white sand bottom so it felt like you were in the ocean - so cool!

infinity pool





We spent the whole afternoon relaxing by the pools and then at night look a quick ferry ride over to our next destination: Moorea!

17 comments:

Erika Peterson said...

Carol, these are beautiful pictures! I must go there sometime!

Caroline said...

Beautiful. Look at that water

Lindsay said...

ok seriously that place if GORGEOUS!!! I would love to go there. that water is amazing!!!

Ashley said...

I ama new follower!! Ohhh how I would love Tahiti!!

Ashley said...

I ama new follower!! Ohhh how I would love Tahiti!!

KLaw said...

Oh my goodness, that looks Ah-MAZING!!!

chelsea said...

SO divine!

{lovely little things} said...

The water is soo blue!

Meagan said...

I'm so jealous!

Smile Steady said...

Oh my gosh, it is so beautiful! How awesome would it be to have a white sand infinity pool in your backyard? I'd never leave home!

Tamara Nicole said...

Tahiti!? Jealous:-) Looks like fun!!! I sooo want to go there someday

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I am completely and utterly envious and jealous of you!!! It looks amazing there. If you haven't seen Fools Gold they filmed a lot of it there at the city hall.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Now that is MY kind of trip!!! Holy vacation!

Laura said...

Looks like a lovely time! What a beautiful place to honeymoon!

Design Elements said...

beautiful! lovely greetings

Nicole* said...

the infinity pool has to be the coolest thing ever!

Kristin said...

gorgeous pictures!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin