Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tahitian honeymoon day 4: 4x4 Moorea tour

To start off, it seems ironic that I am posting about a tropical island on a snow day!

Our 4th day in Moorea it was slightly overcast so we decided to do a 4x4 Jeep tour of the island.  We had talked about doing something like that so today was the perfect time to do it.

During our tour we went to the highest point on the island:




A black sand beach where Love Affair was filmed:



A pineapple field (interesting fact, no pineapples from Tahiti are imported and they are much smaller than Hawaiian pineapples, the core is edible too):




Tropical flower fields:




Fruit and honey stand:



And another lookout spot:




And back to relax at the pool before dinner:





10 comments:

{lovely little things} said...

Cute pictures of you two!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ahh, how do we get out of town with SNOW in our backyard!!!

{Selma} Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Love the pineapple. I'm sure it tastes different too. :) Great pictures by the way...makes me escape just for a little bit. :)

Lindsay said...

Wow, so beautiful. I've never seen a black sand beach!

chelsea said...

I've got to get to this breathtaking place someday!

Lyr said...

Beautiful pictures! I want to go there!!

Allison said...

Girl, I am staring out my window at rain and slush and snow, and looking at these pictures is just making me long for summer so badly! (Orrrr a trip to Tahiti...).
Your pictures are just stunning - I've never seen a black sand beach before!
Everything looks so amazing, and I'm so glad that you got to experience such a beautiful place with Nick! I've been loving living vicariously through you with these pictures :)
Enjoy your weekend, dear friend!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How amazing! It looks like you had a wonderful time!

Jax said...

*happy sigh*

I seriously see your honeymoon pics and give a longingful look...haha.. :) These are so great! Keep em coming!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Loving the pineapple and flower pictures! How fun! You look so pretty and in love! hehe

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin