Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dinner at Canlis

On Thursday night, Nick and I were lucky enough to get reservations at Canlis for Seattle Restaurant Week!  Seattle Restaurant Week is amazing, at 150 Seattle restaurants, you can get an appetizer, entree and dessert for $28, an awesome deal! 


the view

Ever since Nick and I went to Canlis last year for Restaurant Week, I've been anxiously awaiting the right moment to make reservations.  We found out from our waiter that reservations sold out in less than 48 hours and the wait list was currently at 300, lucky for us I am on top of all things food related! 

We both had the Canlis salad, I had pappardelle and Nick had the salmon for his entree and for dessert I had the chocolate covered chocolate (molten chocolate cake, cocoa nib shortbread and chocolate covered salted caramel ice cream) and Nick had the rhubarb financier.  Our dinner was wonderful (2.5 hours in total) and the service is some of the best I've ever received at a restaurant.

And the chef, Jason Franey, was named one of Food & Wine Magazine's Top New Chefs of 2011.  Pretty cool!

I planned on taking pictures of all the food, but someone (me) forgot to charge her camera battery before leaving the house.  But I did end up with this picture that I submitted for a Restaurant Week photo contest - I hope I win! 

Canlis salad - recipe found here

20 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Its a beautiful photo and good luck with the contest! This place sounds fantastic:) Happy Tuesday, my dear
Kisses

Jax said...

Oooh so fun!! And way to go on beating everyone else! you go, girl!!!

Kris said...

The food sounds lovely. Where you forget to change batteries when going to a restaurant... sometimes I wolf my food down before I remember to take a picture. HA!

Kristin said...

YUM! I want that dessert! I haven't been to the Canlis in years, you got a great deal!!

{Selma} Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Love restaurant week. And really, just reading this made me hungry.

xoxo

{lovely little things} said...

Love Canlis! Sounds like a delicious dinner!

Kasia said...

Looks so yummy!

<3
www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Fun! We have a restaurant week here but I always seem to miss it!

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness how fun!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we can come out to Seattle sometime soon! I just love hearing about your beautiful city!

Michelle said...

Hi girl, your blog is really really cool! I just love it and I'm following! I'd love if you visit me and follow mine too. It's so exciting meet and know about new people around the world.

Kisses,
Michelle Duarte fashion designer from Brazil.

http://dailycatwalk.blogspot.com

Tamara Nicole said...

Mmmm i love Canlis! Looks so yummy, good job on the deal too! :-)

Allison said...

This looks amazing, and looks like my kind of restaurant! I love restaurant week - so fun trying out different places (especially because I am ridiculously broke, so it's nice to go somewhere nice instead of eating at Chipotle all the time).
Hope you're doing well, my friend! xo

p.e.v. said...

Sounds delicious! Good luck on the photo contest, that'd be awesome if you won!

Your Southern Peach said...

Beautiful photo! Nothing beats good service too :)

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

My mouth is watering. That dessert sounds amazing. If you have a pictures can you post it? I'm trying to imagine what it looked like and am having trouble! :)

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

my mouth is watering. I love salmon, and could go for some RIGHT now.

Carrie @ Laugh Love Eat Ice Cream said...

Ahh, we were one of the many people who tried too late to get reservations! I think I'll have to ask Nick to take me here for a birthday or anniversary dinner sometime so I can see for myself how amazing it is. Sounds delicious!

Dana {Southern Inspired} said...

Oh my gosh that looks amazing! So exciting you got to go! And that salted caramel ice cream sounds like heaven to me! :)

the southern hostess said...

Gotta love restaurant week! Yum. Sounds like a perfect meal.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's such an unbeatable price! The view looks amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin