Sunday, May 22, 2011

Book club: The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

Tonight my friend Baillie hosted our book club, The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond but better know as The Pioneer Woman. And of course the meal was complete with two Pioneer Woman recipes - sooo yummy!


I think most people know her blog and story and this book was the love story between Ree and her husband.  A quick back story is that Ree was a big city lover and then while on a break from moving to Chicago met her future husband, a cattle rancher who lived in the middle of Oklahoma on a ranch.  Their story is so sweet and as a admirer of her blog I was excited to read this book!

I thought the book was really fun and liked reading her sweet story about meeting her husband.  I wish the book went more into the start of her blog but maybe that means there will be another book in the future. 

Fun read especially for fellow Pioneer Woman fans!

13 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Fun book club! Can't wait for the next one. :)

*Allie* said...

Hmm I've never heard of her or the blog. I'll be checking this out right away! Thanks for sharing.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've been to her blog a couple of times but I haven't read the book. I might have to check it out once I can get caught up!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Love her blog. And love a good cowboy love story! :P

Lyryn said...

She has a great blog!

brittany said...

oh i love pioneer woman! i should really read her book sometime!

Diana Mieczan said...

I so should ready that book. It sounds wonderful:) Have a fantastic day, kisses

Ps: I’m hosting a cute scarf GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for summer

Diana Mieczan said...

read:)

Kristin said...

Sounds like fun!! I keep trying to get my girlfriends to start a book club!

Courtney said...

I've been wanting to read her book, I think she is so funny and I love reading her blog. Is her writing style pretty similar?

Hannah @ The New Black said...

I read several of her installments when she posted them on her blog way back as she was writing them. I had no idea she'd combined them all into a book! I'll have to get caught up! I saw you're reading Bossypants...I'm listening to the audio book right now. That Tina is one funny gal!

Mo Pie, Please said...

I really want to read this! My friend Hadley introduced me to her website and I've been hooked ever since!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Love her blog! She has the best "blog personality" and recipes! Yum!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin