Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Farewell to Oprah


Did anyone else watch the Oprah finale tonight?  I had some girlfriends over to watch the final three episodes (DVR marathon) and inspired by our New Orleans trip I made gumbo, jalapeno cheddar cornbread and green goddess salad for dinner. 

I called my mom after the show to tell her about my dinner that her southern cooking roots are strong in me (she was born in Dallas and raised in Memphis - a true southern lady!). 

We also talked about how sad it is Oprah is over.  One of the reasons we liked her show so much that she was such a positive influence on people and her show have the emphasis on bettering people lives and bringing them up.  There is so much negativity on TV today and people making fun of other people and Oprah always had her show have a core value of doing good things and helping others. I admire that so much!

And with that, farewell to my favorite hour of television!

image: Oprah

13 comments:

Stephanie and Such said...

Ummm I didn't even get to watch it :( Bummer! Hopefully it will replay on "O" network! Man, what is life going to be like without Oprah!

Where is the wedding at? I hope the weather is nice! So jealous you'll be heading over there! Also...if you have time go to Rocky Rococo's Pizza downtown, it's my favvvv!

Kelsey said...

my mom taped it. can't wait to watch it! i love Oprah. really though. lovely post! make sure to check out what i'm wearing for wardrobe wednesday! xoxo

kelseyannesmith.blogspot.com

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

I haven't got to watch it in awhile because of work but I love Oprah! She has done so much good its hard to believe she has so many haters. Plus she is always so honest in her interviews- she asks what you are secretly hoping she will! I'm really wanting to get her OWN channel.

Marian said...

I seriously got teary eyed watching it all. What a great woman!

Mrs. H said...

I had to dvr it so I haven't had time to watch it yet. Looking forward to sitting on the couch and catching up tonight!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched Operah. In fact my husband informed me yesterday that it was her last show. Haha. It's still kind of werid to know she won't be on anymore though.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Can't believe Oprah is done! Oh well, I guess we have her network now! What you made sounds delicious!

Kristin said...

I DVRd it and haven't watched the whole thing yet. But it has definitely already made me tear up a few times, haha I am so cheesy! :)

Running on Happiness said...

I didn't get to watch it. But it's sad the show has ended. :(

XO, Katie
Enter my Juicy Couture Giveaway!

christine donee said...

I'm not sure I've ever seen more than an episode or two of Oprah. BUT. It is super strange to have her era over with. Strange times.

Jax said...

I didnt get to see it. :( I think it was Katie Couric who tweeted something about how Oprah had changed the world. at first, I thought "whatever." And then I kinda thought more and went "Wow... she really did, didn't she?" Crazy to think about the things she's done! If she said buy it, people did. If she said she was giving to an org, she changed the face of that org.... And we don't even have to mention how much she changed the face of talk shows... A wonderful person with a wonderful legacy.

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

I have been DVR'ing the last few weeks. It was a sad last show. I definitely teared up. She touched so many people.

Carrie @ Laugh Love Eat Ice Cream said...

I still have 7 episodes to go through from when I was gone, and I'll be sad when I finish them. I told Nick I think we should upgrade our cable to get OWN now. She's a great positive influence and I will definitely miss her!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin