Monday, May 23, 2011

New Orleans trip: Garden District

I decided to try blogging about my vacation in topics and areas instead of days. 

Most of the pictures were taken with my new camera! My dad let me borrow his 18-200 mm lens which I loved using and will have to get my own one soon.

Probably one of my favorite things about the trip was an area called the Garden District, which is located west of the downtown area and the French Quarter.  We took the St. Charles streetcar to get there, I wish Seattle had fun streetcars like this.

taking a ride on the St. Charles line



The area has a ton of beautiful houses, including the house where The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button was filmed. One of the things I love about all these houses were their big wrap-around porches, I am a sucker for a good porch and sadly I feel like Seattle architecture lacks them!


beautiful tree-lined streets





an old carriage house 


they call this the wedding cake house

After seeing all the lovely homes we went over to where Tulane and Loyola University area.  More lovely homes and the beautiful Audubon Park. 

Mardi Gras beads in the trees

Audubon Park

Loyal University

I went to Catholic school growing up so I had to take a picture for the Jesuits!

22 comments:

French Lover said...

Beautiful pictures !!! I really want to go to NOLA someday :)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous!

Samantha said...

Those houses are so gorgeous! You're right, I don't believe architects put as much love into the homes around here. They all look the same.

Hannah @ The New Black said...

Those homes are gorgeous....definitely a different look than we have here. I love all those trees! I wonder what their Fall is like there. All those trees with changing leaves would be beautiful!

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

I always wanted to live in a southern mansion like these! They are so beautiful and have so much character!

Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

So wanna go to New Orleans. And look at those houses? Who doesn't love these?! Awwww...yup, I'm a huge sucker for any kind of porch, too!!! Love 'em. :)

Thanks for sharing girl.

christine donee said...

I'm dying to visit sometime... those are gorgeous photos!

Jules said...

I love New Orleans and the Garden District is beautiful! I had dinner there one night at The Commander's Palace. It was amazing!

Zara said...

Your trip sounds so nice!
I love the pictures. The houses look so perfect. I was driving through the Pearl District here in Denver today, which has a very similar fill and was dreaming about living in a home like that!

My favorite is the first, but I'd take any of them gladly.

:-)

Mo Pie, Please said...

I have never been but I want to so badly! It looks beautiful.

Stephanie said...

How nice! I've always wanted to go to New Orleans. Please tell me you ate some yummy beignets!

Nicole-Lynn said...

The architecture is beautiful! Love love love! I'd like to visit there at some point! I think it'd be a fun trip! Love the pics :)

Bridget said...

i looooooove new orleans.

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Lovely pictures! And I'm so jealous you got to use an 18-200! We're saving up the big bucks for one!

Diana Mieczan said...

Those houses are beautiful and I adore that park as well:) Great photos, sweetie
Kisses

Ps: I’m hosting a great sportswear GIVEAWAY today! Perfect for morning yoga practice!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The houses look amazing there!!! It looks like you had a great visit!

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

It looks fabulous and so fun. I really want to visit there!!

Diana Smith said...

These homes are gorgeous!! What a fun little place.

Stephanie and Such said...

Those homes are STUNNING!!! I am drooling over here.

Jamie Pickle said...

Those houses are amazing. I love wrap around porches too!

Carrie @ Laugh Love Eat Ice Cream said...

What a pretty city! Your pictures are great! And I agree, trolly cars are so fun!

Mrs. Potts said...

I love the pictures!!! The streetcar was one of my favorite modes of transport when I lived there.

So glad you had a great time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin