Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Orleans trip: Food

I saved my final New Orleans to be about my favorite topic: the food!  Wow - we seriously did not have a bad meal there!  Wonderful, rich and unique food - I wish we had more cajun/creole restaurants in Seattle.

I have to start out with Cafe du Monde - wow, yummy!  We ate there four out of five mornings and the only reason we couldn't one of the days was becasue we had to go to our swamp and plantation tour and didn't have the time.  Otherwise it would have been an every morning deal.




Another place we loved was Cochon Restaurant, and I even had fried alligator there.  Tastes like chicken!  A few days before we left (luckily we already had reservations) the head chef and owner won a James Beard Award and the restaurant has also been written up in the New York Times with rave reviews.


A couple of other delicious places we went to were Mr. B's bistro, Emeril's Nola, Mothers and of course we ate lots of po'boys!

Thank you New Orleans for a fabulous trip, we'll be back!

21 comments:

Lindsay said...

sounds and looks delicious!!! :)

Caroline said...

Sounds so yummy!!

Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Delicious!!!! I've heard so many good stories about Cafe du Monde...just makes my mouth water! ;)

Emily said...

nothing better than benigets, I am probably spelling them wrong but you know what I mean!
xox emily

Morgan said...

So jealous! Want to go to Nola BAD!

PinkSass said...

I really want to make a trip to Nola. My husband and I were just talking about that.

French Lover said...

Yum ! Those beignets look perfect !!! You look like you had such a good trip in NOLA ! I can't wait to go there someday :)

Bisous !

Carrie @ Laugh Love Eat Ice Cream said...

Yum, the food sounds amazing! I had fried alligator at the Taste of Tacoma last year and thought it was delicious! Why does eveything taste like chicken? Haha!

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

All these posts make me want to go to New Orleans super bad! I'm adding it our trip list!

chelsea said...

I have been wanting to visit "Naw-leans", but I'm pretty sure I will gain 5 pounds immediately :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh yummy!!! Next time I'd down there, I'll have to visit it!

Marian said...

New Orleans has some of the best food!!! So glad you stopped at Cafe du Monde as well...favorite place there:)

Rania Kelesidou said...

These look delicious,perfect breakfast!

♥ sarahbeth. said...

love new orleans food! glad y'all had fun! xoxo

OneCraftyFox said...

Hey gorgeous, that looks totally delish!! Found you through your guest post over at Tamara's blog :)

MelissaOklahoma said...

cafe du monde was definitely delicious! mmmmmm! makes my mouth water. love all your pictures - i took a ton of photos of the gorgeous balconies filled with potted plants and flowers when i was there too!

Jax said...

Is it sad that I literally came over here b/c it had "food" in the title and I'm hungry right now? hah! I couldnt remember if I'd commented or not, but I was coming over to say hi regardless due to the title. Comedy. :) I keep repeating that 11pm is too late for a snack. Damn. :)

Ps.. I really wish we had more cajun and creole restaurants near me, too... Good stuff.

Allison said...

I am such a sucker for beignets - those look absolutely amazing! Food is always such a huge part of vacations, and I'm glad that New Orleans didn't disappoint!
You look GORGEOUS, Carol (you actually look a lot like Kate Middleton - I never realized that before!).
I'm thrilled that you and Nick had such a great trip. xo

Erika Peterson said...

You look absolutely adorable in that first photo!

Oh, and the beignets looks scrumptious too!

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Oh my goodness, delicious! You're making me want to go over there now ;)

Emi and Kyle said...

I just saw this post while catching up on blogs at the airport--looks like a great trip! New Orleans is on Kyle and my list. I'm now going to re-review your Paris posts for inspiration:).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin