Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our Wedding: Ceremony

As I mentioned in our last post, Nick and I did our ceremony at the Holy Names Academy chapel here in Seattle.  The ceremony started at 4:30 p.m. and we did a Catholic ceremony without the Eucharist so it was about 30 minutes total.

Our priest was absolutely wonderful!  Nick and I are so blessed that he came into our lives and his faith in God is truly inspiring.  He will always be so dear to us.

After all the guests were seated, my dear friend Molly (who is one of the most gifted singers I have ever met) sang a beautiful acapella version of "What A Wonderful World" to start off the ceremony.  It was so beautiful, we were standing there waiting to walk down the aisle with our jaws dropped at how amazing she was.  The wedding coordinator at the church said she was one of the best singers she had ever heard!  Bravo Molly!

We had a string trio playing the music for us, they did a fabulous job!



Our wedding party and parents walked in to "Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring" by Bach.

Nick with his parents

My older brother Mike and my mom

I walked down the aisle with my dad to "Canon" by Pachelbel. I had so many (good) butterflies!









Father did a greeting and opening prayer and then we did our readings we chose:

First Reading was Tobit 8:4-8 read by Nick's sister Julia

Responsorial Psalm was 145:8-9, 10, 15, 17-18 “The Lord is Compassionate” read by my cousin Bill

Second Reading was Philippians 4:4-9 read by my Godmother Kate

Gospel was Matthew 22:35-40 and then Father gave the Homily


Father is a funny guy too!

We then did the Rite Of Marriage, our exahnge of vows and the prayers of the faithful was read by my Aunt Janet






We did one final blessing, first kiss and intorduction by Father as the new Mr. and Mrs. and walked out to "Spring" by Vivaldi.

final blessing 

first kiss as Mr. and Mrs.

Yay!  We're married!!!

14 comments:

Marian said...

Sounds like a lovely...and perfect ceremony!

yours truly, melissa said...

What a beautiful church to get married in! I'm enjoying your wedding recap!

chelsea said...

awe, so sweet, beautiful and personal. thanks for sharing!

Meg {henninglove} said...

this is a beautiful ceremony! i love the chapel and how the light comes in. i feel sometimes chapels can be a bit dark but you picked a really lovely location!

Elle Sees said...

Looks lovely and such a stunning bride you made!

Mrs. H said...

Beautiful chapel...and I love that one wall. so unique for a church.

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

It was a lovely ceremony. The pictures capture it well.

Sienna said...

im loving all this posts, it looks like SUCH a beautiful day carol

annelise said...

Lovely! You look so happy!

I'm not religious at all but I've always appreciated how beautiful Catholic ceremonies are. Such old words with so much history and meaning.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like it was such a beautiful ceremony!

Tam @ Yours Truly, Tam said...

These photos are beautiful!

Cool Blog :)

Yours Truly,
Tam

This Confetti Life said...

So gorgeous!

Emm said...

I love Vivaldi's Spring! I didn't know you were from Seattle! Somehow I thought you lived closer to the South, to New Orleans.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yeyyy! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin