Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our Wedding: Reception

After the ceremony it was onto the reception.  Our reception was held at an event space called Pravda Studios.  It had lots of windows, tall ceilings and felt like a fun New York City-style loft.  We loved the location, right in the middle of Capitol Hill and easy access to cabs to make sure everyone was safe for the night and felt very Seattle to us.  It also happened to be close to our ceremony spot which was an added bonus.

walking into Pravda

We did some chatting with guests...




Did dinner and speeches by Nick, our dads, my brother, maid of honor (Erin) and best man (Chris)....










We did our first dance to All You Need Is Love by Lynden David Hall (the version from Love Actually during the surprise wedding singer scene).  My dance with my dad was to Sweet Pea by Amos Lee and Nick's dance with him mom was to Walk Like A Man by Frankie Valli.





We also did our cake cutting...



Bouquet toss (caught by my bridesmaid Brynn)



Took lots of pictures with friends...

lovely ADPi ladies 

the high-school group 

Nick's fraternity group 

 maid of honor and best man


And went into the night with lots of dancing...







Best night of our lives - ever!

23 comments:

Erikizzle said...

gorgeous photos! who knew there was a place like that in the middle of the hill??

annelise said...

Ah, the photos are lovely! What a goodlooking bunch of friends you two have!

The train on your dress is insanely gorgeous!

Meredith said...

Nick's speech was the BEST!

Majid Ali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley Slater said...

First-- what is up with the comment above mine? scammers!

Second-- your dress was gorgeous! Love your pictures, I think wedding pictures always turn out beautifully...

Third-- thanks for the comment on my bike and the baby gift! :)

and last, I am hosting a giveaway today for the shine project, it is a really cute necklace, you should enter! yay! The Shine Project Giveaway

Your Southern Peach said...

That looks like a GREAT party! You both look so happy too :)

Jax said...

Beautiful reception and looks like so much fun! I love the windows in your event space! Looks like you guys got a great view of the sunset, etc! :)

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

I love the picture of you holding your hubbies arm...so sweet.

Thanks for the running music tip! I have never heard it so I'll be checking it out!

Selma *Crazy Little World Of Mine* said...

Awwww, what a beautiful wedding! Love the dance pictures!

Kristin said...

How many guests did you have?

yours truly, melissa said...

You guys clicked off all the classic wedding reception to-do's! And so great that you have all those moments captured beautifully in these photos!

Allison said...

This is amazing - everything from your space to the gorgeous photography and perfect memories is just amazing! I love living vicariously through all these pictures - and I'm so, so happy for you and Nick and that your celebration was as beautiful as the two of you are!
Also - I LOVE that you danced to the version of All You Need is Love from Love Actually - that is definitely my favorite movie EVER. xox

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh I love your cake!!! It looks like it was such a fun reception

Erika Peterson said...

Such a fun wedding! It was fantastic :)

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

Looks like such a great time! All the pictures are so beautiful!

This reminds me I need to keep up with our wedding posts I have completely forgot about them :)

JRuud said...

Looks so amazing. Congrats hun :)

Love your blog by the way!! Simply fantastic.

http://thewrittenword-jlr.blogspot.com/

Morgan said...

LOVELY! Just beautiful.. all of it!

Elle Sees said...

More wedding photos! Yay! I'm still loving your dress. Omg

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

Pravda was so beautiful and everything was wonderful. It was such a fun night!

Kristin said...

I never get tired of seeing your beautiful photos!

Emm said...

I love that: Best night of our lives - ever!. It looks like you had an absolute ball. Hmmm, it makes me want to look at my own photos again!

delia said...

Beautiful photos Carol :)

So glad to read that you were both here in my hometown a few weeks back. Hope you'll come back for a visit soon.

delia
http://www.lovelaughlipglosses.com/

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw the lighting was so beautiful during the speeches! Your photographer did such an awesome job capturing everyone's expressions! You were glowing with happiness and love! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin