Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Goals



2011 Goal Review

1. Travel someplace new - big YES to this one! (Blog posts to come form Europe trip). New travel locations were:
-Amsterdam
-Athens
-Mykonos
-Santorini
-Ancient Olympia
-Crete
-Croatia
-Corfu



2. Learn something new - yes!  For the holiday season Nick and I made multiple batches of caramels for family and friends!  I had never used a candy thermometer before (without the help of my mom) so this was a new experience for me.  

3. Read more - yes, thanks to book club! :)

4. Learn more about my SLR camera - kind of...  I still have lots more to learn, but I'm getting there


2012 Goals

1. Travel someplace new
If it's not a new destination for me, at least a new one for Nick

2. Take better care of my hair
Kind of a lame goal, I know.  But really, my hair needs some TLC in 2012

3. Do more strength training
I am pretty good about getting the the gym on a regular basis, but always default to the cardio side of the gym.  This year I'm going to try to tackle the weights more

4. Learn/try something new
Considering how many things I pin on Pintrest - this should hopefully be an easy one

5. Learn more about my SLR camera
This needs some more work in the new year.  Adding this one again.  

19 comments:

French Lover said...

Wow you go girl! You accomplished quite a lot in 2011. It's so rewarding when you actually make your resolutions happen :)

Morgan said...

I'm with you on learning the SLR better. I need to take a class!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

I can't wait to hear about your Europe recaps!

I love our book club, I would never have read all those books if it weren't for book club. I'm planning to start Hunger Games this weekend!

And I don't think taking better care of your hair is a lame goal. I just ordered some Moroccan Oil that I've heard so much about and I'm hoping it can help me!

Jackie said...

Carol! Those are some great goals for 2012.

I think I can help with #3- Do more strength training. Every Tuesday I workout in Bellevue with a trainer Nina Davis who started FeistyFit. I do it for an hour every week and it is a combo of both cardio and weights/resistance. She modifies the workouts for each person depending on strength level (3lb - 10lb weights). Each class is $20 and there is only two people in my session so its like having a personal trainer. Let me know if you would like to come try it out or you can get a hold of Nina at ninasanchez33@gmail.com or check out her FeistyFit page on Facebook!

Jamie Pickle said...

Wow, look at all the fun places you got to travel to. I am way jealous! A lot of our goals are very similar :)

Jax said...

Girl, we could so trade. I HATE cardio. I force myself to get on the treadmill just so I can go do other things afterwards... haha.. I'm starting Crossfit and we open up each workout with a 400m run. 400m. And it gets me ridiculously winded. WAY too winded for a 400m. haha! Love that you guys plan to see somewhere new again!! Eric and I have been talking the same way... possibly even South AMerica!

Your Southern Peach said...

Love that you revisited your goals from 2011!

Happy new year!

Erika Peterson said...

Ooh, I'm excited to see where you travel this year! I think we'll do something, but probably a little more low-key :)

CC [AKA Frugalista] said...

So jealous! You've been to Europe and in particular Greece. I'm hoping to go this year. We shall see. Good job on accomplishing a lot of what you set out to do.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Taking better care of your hair is a great goal! I may "borrow" that one for my goals too :)

Marian said...

I know a great place to visit...ever been to Baltimore;)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Good luck on your goals! I can't wait to hear about more travels!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

I have a feeling you'll be visiting Europe again! :)

chelsea said...

Hey, long time, no see! Good goals, I haven't braved the 2012 goal territory yet :P

Kinsey Michaels said...

such a great list of goals lady! they all seem very achievable. pintrest is definitely a great source of inspiration. i need to get an invite for it so i can actually use it and not just browse!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Our goals are quite similar :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

PS stay safe with all this snow!

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Great goals, Carol! I have loved reading about some of your travels this year... very exciting!

natebowling said...

Love the goals from last year and this year! Tip for learning the DSLR - peruse Flickr and when you see an photo that you like, check out the EXIF data to see what settings were used. Main things to note are exposre, aperture, focal length, and ISO. Here is an example of an unedited photo I took of Erica at Fremont Oktoberfest using a basic kit lens: http://www.flickr.com/photos/natebowling/6299990662/meta/in/set-72157627897250475

Cheers to 2012!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin