Friday, January 20, 2012

Seattle snow week

If you've been watching the Today Show or any other national news program this week you've probably heard our city had quite the week with snow!  We revived about six inches of snow in the Seattle core which is our average yearly snowfall for Seattle - it was crazy!  It's not a lot of snow for most places in the US, but for hilly Seattle it certainly did cause some problems.  



It was a work from home week and Nick and I are very thankful we both have the opportunity to work from home and are thankful for all the emergency personnel working hard to keep the roads and everyone safe out there.  Also very thankful we have power as my parents are on day two in the dark!

Luckily we have lots of stores and a Starbucks all within walking distance so we didn't get cabin fever.  And it was fun walking around the snow.  Here are some pictures of the snowfall in our neighborhood!







11 comments:

Erikizzle said...

Love all the photos! Looks beautiful, but I have to say that I'm glad that I'm not in Seattle right now. Seattle snow is so hard to deal with!

Holly said...

i bet the little kids in seattle are going nuts. how fun! and man, does snow make everything 10 times prettier.

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

I hope your parents get power soon! Your snow pictures are pretty - I love the igloo!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

That igloo is awesome!!! It all looks so pretty! I was just saying, as much as I hate winter and the cold, I'm kind of bummed we haven't really had any snow this year!

Meghan said...

Based off your pictures, I am pretty sure we live right near you! I had no idea we were practically neighbors. :) We enjoyed the snow too but I am relieved it's almost gone!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You definitely got a lot of snow! Hope your parents are doing ok and their power is back on!

Jax said...

Ha! The igloo is too funny! Glad you guys are safe and I hope your parents get power back soon! The snow is gorgeous, even though is sounds like it certainly caused some issues.

Ocean Dreams said...

Beautiful snow...that is how my home in UT is right now! Glad you're able to work at hone sometimes to avoid the snow!

Emily said...

Ooo, Greenlake looks great in the snow. I was amazed thatmy first winter away from Seattle there's more snow there than in Chicago!

Dana {Southern Inspired} said...

Oooo I want snow!! :)

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

How beautiful is Seattle in March?! Just wondering...need to get away for a few days... :)

And I wouldn't mind snow either! :) hahaha! Send some down to CA. ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin