Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Europe 2011 day 4: Venice And Cruise Boarding

Good morning Venice!
We woke up on day four of the trip (Sept. 16) after a very restful night!  We packed up our bags since we were boarding the cruise later that day!

We then headed out to a cafe right around the corner and had some delicious pastries and a cappuccino and the people that worked there were so nice.



Our first stop of the day was to the famous Venice fish market...

fish market



After the fish market we went to St. Mark's Square...




We toured the inside...



mosaics covering the whole church

And then walked up to the top for some great views of the square...

view of the tourists (and pigeons)




After the basilica we went to the other side of the square at took some of the classic Venice pictures of the gondolas then got some sandwiches and more gelato (of course)...



We then grabbed our bags at the hotel and headed over to the cruise port to board our cruise!


on our way to the cruise port

We checked in, found our room, walked around the boat, relaxed around the boat, and then cruised out of Venice and got some great views of the city.  Mediterranean Cruise here we come - first stop: Croatia!


View of St. Mark's Square from the boat
...and we're off!
Goodbye Venice!  See you in 10 days!

16 comments:

Stevie said...

Oh my gosh, I'm loving these posts from your trip! Your photos are wonderful and it sounds like you had a blast.

You two are so cute and photogenic!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You got some great photos! I can't wait to hear more about the cruise!

Stephanie said...

Oh man, this makes me want to go back so badly! St. Mark's was flooded when we were there so we couldn't go inside. The locals were still able to go in - they were prepared with knee-high rubber boots!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

Such a beautiful city. Are those bouquets of peppers at the fish market? They look so pretty!

You've got to get as much gelato as you can while in Italy!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

That cappucino looks divine...and that's from someone who doesn't drink coffee!!

Poptartyogini said...

I'm so jealous of your trip I think about pouting and not reading any more. Then I see the gorgeous pics and I fall in love all over again!

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

oh my gosh, looks INCREDIBLE! i could especially use one of the cappacinos right about now to give me that mid afternoon wakeup i'm craving ;)

Alexa said...

This is so fun...feel like I'm vacation with you. Wasn't the espresso there amazing?

Marshall said...

Mediterranean cruise with the first stop in Croatia??!!!! I'm trying really hard not to be jealous.. but that is just amazing!
Thank you again for sharing your photos - I love Italy and it's so wonderful seeing these!

Meg {henninglove} said...

i loved loved venice when i visited there twice. and how th eheck did i pass up their fish market or not know they even had one. did you know that covered bridge by the government building next to the church was the bridge for prisoners to walk across on their way to their hanging? ok sorry to be morbid but it is the only covered bridge in all of venice

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

This is all so beautiful! I would LOVE to go to Venice- sigh I guess I will just settle for your beautiful pictures :) I can't wait to here what was your favorite part of the trip. Would be really hard to choose!

Megan said...

gorgeous photos :)

i am heading to venice for a day or two in april and totally may need tips! we were not going to add it to our road trip itinerary but i seriously am in need of good food and from my past experiences, i know most anywhere in italy wont disappoint!

Nantucket Daffodil said...

Home with my (sick) daughter today....maybe I'll make a cappuccino and dream of your lovely trip....

Brittany said...

I would LOVE to ride in a gondola! Great pictures :)

Lindsay said...

omg that first photo of you and your hubs on the bridge, I have a photo there too with my cousin :)

♥ sarahbeth. said...

i LOVED venice! this makes me wanna go back so bad!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin