Monday, March 19, 2012

Europe 2011 day 15: Venice, Italy

Our last full day of the trip!

Good morning Venice!

Our first stop of the day was St. Marks Square, we wanted to get there before all the crazy crowds







We then grabbed some breakfast at a nearby cafe and then took a vaporetto to Murano island.  Murano island is where all the glassblowing takes place.  So we walked around the watched glass being made and walked through the shop and got a couple of souvenirs.



When we got back to Venice it was pizza and gelato time and then something we had been saving for the last day of our trip - a gondola ride!



low clearance!
Errico our gondolier



After our gondola ride we headed through St. Marks and then onto a yummy dinner at a little outside restaurant.



Visiting the pigeons...I kept my distance this time


This was me with the pigeons in 2006 when I studied abroad

2006 during study abroad - I've become way more germ OCD since then...



And we ended our last night in Venice with an evening walk and of course a last gelato at La Boutique del Gelato.  The guy must have known it was out last day of vacation because I got a very generous single scoop!




"single" scoop - the gelato guy was very generous

24 comments:

Andrea said...

The picture of you and Nick in the gondola is so cute! I am lusting to go to Italy! Just the sight of that gelato makes me want to go to the airport right now! How did you get the pigeon to land on your arm when you were studying abroad?

yours truly, melissa said...

What an amazing vacation you & your husband had together!!! A gondola ride sounds so romantic :)

Caroline said...

Oh I love Venice!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

That is a generous scoop of ice cream! I love the pigeon picture of you from when you were studying abroad. I'm glad you got a picture with the pigeons on your return trip!

Kristin said...

What a wonderful trip! Love the pic of you eating the gelato, so cute! :)

poptartyogini said...

I hate when vacation is over. That last day just has a funny feel. Fortunately, you guys made the most of it. The next question is when are you going back?!

Ashley said...

just beautiful. My best friend/college roomie Studied abroad in Italy too. I went to NZ :)

{Emily} Simply Southern said...

Ahh venice is my favorite!!!!

In this wonderful life... said...

SO AMAZING!!! I want to go so bad! BEAUTIFUL!

Alexa said...

Seriously one of the most romantic spots in the world! xo

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That gelato scoop is HUMONGOUS, I love it!! Have you found a good place to get gelato around town?

Dandy-Doll said...

Ah, this is definitely a place I wanna go to, the pictures are so lovely :)it's dreamy

xoxo

Meredith said...

Your Venice pics in the morning are stunning! I've never been to Muranoo but it looks really fun.

christine donee said...

I drove to Venice (california) yesterday.. same thing right? err..

Meg {henninglove} said...

i love venice, one of my favorite cities!! and i could go for a scoop of that gelato right now

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Beautiful... Venice is so unique. Love that you visited the glass blowing area - we didn't do that while we were there and I wish we would have! You two are such a beautiful couple!

Kelly said...

What a fun last day! Love the picture of the boats and of the lamps.

That gelato looks amazing!!

Jax said...

You photos are so clear! What kind of camera do you use? I love the first photo of the gondolas... Gorgeous Venice! I enjoy living vicariously through your trips..haha!

Stephanie said...

Venice was my favorite part of Italy. We had really bad weather when we were there (rainy and cold) so we didn't get to explore the surrounding islands. I can't wait to go back and see Murano!

brittany said...

oh, this makes me so excited. i'll be in venice in just a couple of weeks, woooo! probably won't do any pigeon touching, you were so brave before, haha!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like it was amazing! Where did you guys stay for your nights in Italy? I'm thinking of getting a trip together for there later this year.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Your trip was awesome and I can't wait to do something like that one day! It's definitely a must for us. I loved that you documented your trip so well! Thanks for sharing the experience with us!

Ashley Turner said...

Beautiful photos! I just love Venice!

Hotel venice airport said...

Such colorful and positive photos! I am glad you chose Venice for vacation. It's a mesmerizing place.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin