Friday, March 23, 2012

Europe 2011 day 16: The end of the trip

Flying somewhere over Europe

On day 16 (Sept. 28) we packed up, said goodbye to Venice and flew home.  We had such a wonderful trip and we would love to return to all the places we visited!  Santorini was my favorite spot and Athens was Nick's favorite, but I would happily return to everywhere we visited!  I'm already starting to plan where our next adventure will be!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Nick and I are going to get some skiing in and see my parents on Sunday!  They just got back from Paris and Iceland (can't wait to hear about the Blue Lagoon!) and while they were gone my mom celebrated her birthday - so she'll get an extra big birthday hug from me! Happy birthday mom!

Picture my dad took of my mom back in January in Monument Valley - I think it's such an awesome picture!  This picture shows she is still a Texas girl at heart! (She was born in Texas, raised in Memphis)


And happy Hunger Games to everyone seeing it this weekend -we're going on Tuesday to the IMAX.  Seriously can't wait!! 

15 comments:

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

That is an awesome picture of your mom. Have fun with your parents and tell her happy birthday for me!

Melissa Blake said...

Ahhh, so jealous of your trip!! Looks like you had a great time!

Melissa Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

I love that picture of your mom! It's beautiful.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Sara said...

Sounds like you all had a lovely vacation! No surprise Santorini was a favorite! That's on my list of places to go one day!

poptartyogini said...

I always am sad when they're over and glad that they happened. I'm so happy you shared. It looks like your parents are doing retirement right so far. Have a great visit!

Erin said...

what a great idea to see the HG at IMAX! we were going to go to our neighborhood theater, but IMAX would be so much cooler! i am going to suggest this to my husband...

annelise said...

It sounds like you and Nick had the holiday of a lifetime! Now to start saving and do it all again! Yay!

Fantastic picture of your mum! And enjoy The Hunger Games, I'm so excited to see it.

Ocean Dreams said...

Your trip just keeps on getting even more amazing! Hope you have fun with your mom and yay for The Hunger Games! I can't wait to see this seriously.

Remember my post on I Can't Believe It's Not Butter? You've won the coupon for a free butter if you want me to send it to you!

http://www.oceandreams4sierra.com/2012/02/toast-to-red-carpet-for-oscars-live.html

Here's my e-mail addy so you can e-mail me your address so I can send you the coupon on Monday! oceandreams4sierra@gmail.com

Congrats and thanks girl! :)

Kristin said...

It must be so hard to leave!

Alexa said...

Oooh that pic of your mom is too cool and their vacation sounds awesome too!

binhtheredonethat said...

I love your series of the Europe Trip, Greece has been on my travel list.

Nicole-Lynn said...

You truly did have such a dream vacation and I would love to go everywhere y'all visited someday! Isn't traveling so fun and don't you wish you could do it all the time? :) Glad y'all had a nice trip and thank you for sharing it with us!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

What an amazing pic of your Mom!

Jax said...

What a cool pic of your mom! Love that! And I may have showed Eric every single one of your Europe posts in hopes he falls in love with the idea of going..haha! We wouldn't be able to go this year, but possibly next year! He's very hooked on South America right now...which is fine by me...but Europe just looks and sounds oh so dreamy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin