Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Random happenings

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I've been pretty busy lately getting ready for an auction I'm a part of.  Recently I joined a guild called Kids At Heart which supports our local pediatric hospital, Seattle Children's.  It is an amazing hospital and we are lucky here in Seattle to have it right in our back yard.  Our auction is this Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it!

And if anyone out there is looking for a book to read, I highly recommend Unbroken.  This was one of the best books I have read. Extremely powerful and moving, but warning - there are some very graphic details documenting the life of a POW. Some parts of the book are very hard to read and emotionally draining at points. This book was extremely well written and the author did a lot of research into this book. 






And a big, exciting happening in our house is that we have a new student in our house - my husband!  Nick is back in night school getting his Masters In Computer Science & Engineering and obviously I am beyond proud!  He is still working full time and class is one night a week for 3 hours at our alma mater - the University of Washington.  It's a great opportunity and I'm thrilled for him!


Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!


19 comments:

Erika Peterson said...

Congrats to Nick! That's really exciting!

Jamie said...

Yay for your husband. Good for him.

poptartyogini said...

What a terrific charity to support. I hope your auction is a grand success!! And congratulations to the student. School is hard work!

Stephanie said...

Yay for your husband! I love the University of Washington...it's such a beautiful campus. (Although two of my siblings have their degrees from WSU). : )

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

This is great news...congrats to Nick for being a students again and good luck!
And I will certainly try and check this book out! ;D

Andrea said...

Congrats to Nick! That is great news! I am sure the auction is going to go fabulously! Your hard work for such a great cause is awesome!!

SEJ said...

I just finished reading Unbroken as well! I read it on my plane ride over to Japan, so that might not have been the best timing - haha. Good luck to your husband in his master's!

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

Good luck at your auction this weekend! Nick's mom read Unbroken and she said it was pretty intense. Congrats again to Nick! That is really awesome!

Anne said...

Thanks for the book recommendation!
Good luck to your husband!
~Anne

Lindsay said...

Congratulations to Nick! Woohoo!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Congrats to your hubs! Mine just got his MBA in December!

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! new follower :-)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

jillian m. said...

Good for your hubby! I'm a big supporter of further education, so I can definitely understand your excitement for him. Congrats!

Mrs. Pedersen said...

Congrats to your husband!

And that books sounds great, so I'll have to add it to my "to read" list. :)

OneCraftyFox said...

Congrats on hubby and his continuing education, that is definitely something to be proud of!!

Emm said...

What a noble cause to be involved in! I hope the auction goes well and you make pots of money. And well done to your husband on going back to study! It is not easy studying and working full-time so good luck!

Caitlin C. said...

I've been wanting to read Unbroken!! Now I'll definitely have to get it! :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Sounds like y'all are staying quite busy! That's great your hubby is back in school! I'm in school full time right now and working part time. It's been wonderful!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

YAY for hubs!!! PS I miss blogging and hoping to come back soon :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin