Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekend update


Hello friends!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Seattle is having a fantastic stretch of weather (high 70s to 80 degrees) so I couldn’t be happier!

Nick planned a fantastic bachelor party for 23 people (!!!) in Las Vegas and was gone Thursday-Sunday so I spent the whole weekend down at my parent’s house and hung out with them and my sweet cat Missy!  We were joking the whole time that it was Mother’s Day weekend, but my parents were cooking for me, entertaining me, washing my car and filling up my car with gas!  J It was a perfect weekend to get ouside so we walked around Chambers Bay and the newly opened Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge.  

Walking around the golf course
Missy and I hanging out on the deck
I did a lot of reading outside and Missy kept me company.  I’m almost finished with The Paris Wife – it’s a really good book set in Paris in the 1920s about Ernest Hemingway and his wife.  I loved the movie Midnight in Paris and a lot of the people in the movie are in the book too.

image: GoodReads

And with all this sunny weather I’m getting to break in my new summer shoes!    


And a picture of my mom and me!


25 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

I'm excited to read that book. It is our book club book for June! I am glad that you enjoyed it and I loved all your pics!

Stevie said...

My mum lives in Dupont so we walk around the wildlife refuge every time I'm down there! So beautiful. We go kayaking out there, too.

Her house overlooks the Home Course golf course - is that the one in the picture?

Sounds like a great weekend!

Morgan said...

I'm glad you liked that book! I've been wanting to read it. Adding it to my 'must' list now. :)

Mrs. Buck said...

OOh, I read that book not long ago and really liked it. Glad you had such a nice weekend!

Jes said...

I LOVE those stuart shoes! I need to get me some of those.

Annemarie @ Brunch at Saks said...

Gorgeous photos! I have that book on my list next! Can't wait! xo

Kristin said...

Oooh I just watched Midnight in Paris so I should check out that book!! Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend!

Holly said...

such a great pic of you and your mama!

also, i used to have a cat named missy! awww.

Love Lace said...

Your summer shoes are adorable! Hope they are comfy too! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! The picture of you and your Mom is so good, both pretty women!

Love Lace said...

Your summer shoes are adorable! Hope they are comfy too! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! The picture of you and your Mom is so good, both pretty women!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I've loved those shoes ever since Jennifer Aniston stepped out in them! Perfect choice!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Wow. 23 people in a bachelor party - that's a lot of planning.

Love those shoes. Bet they look great on.

Jax said...

Love that pic of you and your mamma! :) Gorgeous ladies.

Missy is a cutie.. and I'm not a big cat person. Her little face is kinda adorable, though.

23 people is a lot to manage in Vegas! Glad he survived and hoping everyone made it back in one piece.. hahaa!

Brooke Shemwell said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend. Wonderful picture of you two!!

Sam [The Peak of Tres Chic] said...

Your wedding photo is beautiful! I just found your blog and I love it- excited to be your newest follower!

Kristin said...

23 in vegas!! dang!! thats some good planning

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

This is too funny but those shoes are exactly the ones I had to run around for in order to find them for my friend. :) Way too funny. Missy is so cute!!!! :)

Alexa said...

Love the picture of you and your mom! So super sweet!

Ashley said...

That does sound like a fantastic weekend of relaxing! Great photo of you and your mom.

Tara said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! :)

Allison said...

Everything about this weekend looks beautiful, my darling friend. And you and your mother are so absolutely beautiful - I can't get over how lovely that picture is!

Rachael said...

I'll have to check that book out! I loved Midnight in Paris too. And I adore those wedges!

Rachael said...

I'll have to check that book out! I loved Midnight in Paris too. And I adore those wedges!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love those sandals! I have the exact same ones but in oatmeal.

Carrie {Living It Up in U.P.} said...

Catching up on blog posts! That's a great picture of Chambers Bay. I read The Paris Wife too and really enjoyed it. Though I did come to the conclusion that Hemmingway was kind of a jerk. ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin